Tilt/ Trim problem.

Piedog

Cadet
I have a 1984 Challenger Pro Sport Fisher with a 1984 75 HP Mercury on it.
Can someone tell me why I can not tilt or trim motor while going down the lake? When I am setting and just in idle it will do both but one I take off it will not work.

Thanks for the help.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt/ Trim problem.

Does the PTT motor run normally while you are cruising? If so, then it is likely bad piston seals or a bad control valve, not holding the trim setting.

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Trim the motor up and see if it creeps down on it's own,this is a sure sign of bad seals.Check the fluid level first!

Piedog

Cadet

Trim the motor up and see if it creeps down on it's own,this is a sure sign of bad seals.Check the fluid level first!
There is no leaks and yes it stays raised after you raise it , so do you check the fluids with the motor down or up or how and how much fluid is enough in it!

Thanks

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Trim the motor all the way up,remove the fill screw and fill it up.You may have to do this a couple of times if there is any air in it.GL Ted

Piedog

Cadet

Trim the motor all the way up,remove the fill screw and fill it up.You may have to do this a couple of times if there is any air in it.GL Ted
Thanks for the help! But is there just one place to fill it or do I have a couple of places I think there are like 3 cylinders on it?

Again thanks for the help!