Old Blue Rip

North Beach

Commander
Well, we finally finished stripping the last of the rotten wood off of Old Blue. Tomorrow morning she'll be making her last voyage via trailer to the recycler:)

I kinda hate to see the old girl go out that way but I've got my hands full here getting ready to begin on the Mariner and at least we pulled all the parts off her we could.

Holiday2.jpg

On a side note, if anyone needs a complete windshield for an 18 footer 66 model, we took it off and I have it here. No charge for my Starcraft Brothers!!

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Old Blue Rip

Is that canvas I see in the photo???? in the rear of old blue?????

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

HOLD THE PHONE!

Can anybody rescue her???

Anybody down VA way?

Or, is she all stripped down to nutin?

Maybe I missed it - was she a sacrifice for your others?

Cheers man!:D

mattrogers5

Seaman

Hey NB, how about the cast bow and transome corners ? did you keep them and iffin so , want to part with them?

starcrafter65,

tell me about it! = my '62 Jupiter looks a LOT worse than that. - wish i had seen "Blue" before it was stripped out
( i'd have made a cash offer.)

yours, PG

North Beach

Commander

Guys, the boat set outside for what looked like about ten years or so in Illinois weather. The floor and foam looked like popcorn. The sun had baked the vinyl off everything including the dash. There really wasn't much there except the motor and outdrive which I wanted for parts. Transome wood was shot. I used some of the hardware, cleats, etc on the LL rebuild.

Matt, I have the port side rear and the bow casting. PM me if you want to talk about it.

Just for informational purposes, the stripped hull, without wood and windshield on an 18' Holiday is 326 pounds :) :) Four of us lifted it off the trailer like it was nothing!!!!!!

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

Did you happen to strip any of these pieces off the boat before sending to recycle?
I am looking for the hatch on the closed bow and those pesky end pieces on the rub rails.
Thanks

Holiday2.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

RIP Good Old Blue
Sad to say, no more water for you
Its not your fault
You were abused
But your parts live on
Across waters new

sniff sniff sniff

kcatto

Seaman

Is she all ready gone????

I could buy a couple of pieces for mine I am looking for???

thank you,
keven

Huron Angler

Admiral

I think Ol' Blue has already been reborn into Labatt's Blue cans...a fitting way for the old girl to be recycled in my opinion:D