HONDA standard tach?

gss036

Commander
I noticed that my tach has a small hour glass style thing flashing on and off in the hour meter window (upper left corner). I suppose it has been there since I bought the new motor a year ago(225 hp). DOES anyone know what it is for? The motor ran perfect all day today.

gss036

Commander
Re: HONDA standard tach?

Thanks for the info, guess there isn't anything to worry about. I am guessing that even though it says Honda, it is a Telflex. I have had the new motor over a year and never did pay any attention until last week.
I spoke w/the facilities manger who installed the engine and he was on his way to the Seattle boat show and said he would ask the Honda rep, still have heard back from, so won't hold my breath.

psteurer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a Lund boat with a Honda motor. My tach says Lund on it. But it is definitely a Teleflex. Take a look at the Teleflex of Faria websites. I bet you will find your tach at one of them.

gss036

Commander

It turned out to be a Faria and I called thier customer service number. The flashing/blinking hourglass is just an indicator that shows it is working.