I seem to have forgotten

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well after a deer ran out and totaled my "94"Astro(work van).I have seem to have forgotten how much effort there is to find another,first off the insurance company,need I say more than going around looking at different vans that look good on sites like CL,call the people ask certain questions and than go (always to the northside of town) and when you get there you are wondering which question did they not understand:eek:

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: I seem to have forgotten

Oh sorry to hear that, is that the one you just got the engine problem fixed on ?

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well was supposed to be,short story is engine was said to be fix another 300+ dollars was in my possession for 24 hours we had snow and ice on Thursday and Friday afternoon I was driving to the job and a stupid deer jumps out of the woods takes out the grill and bends radiator finish the day out van starts on Saturday does well went to start Sunday and guess what it doesn't start so it sat in my drive way for a week and the day I sold it to the insurance company it started but would not start when they came to pick it up:eek:so who really knows if I took it back to the mechanic he would say it is the deers fault, my neighbors found out what going Double German means(according to my friends):D:D:D

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My search is over got another Astro "99"(had a "94"),what I can't believe is that all the vans I looked at for sale by owner not a single one was cleaned up went to a couple car lots and looked at the fleet vans(coke) and you talk about clean but I did not want to pull the trigger on the price and they don't negotiate the price much they were giving only 200 off the price and that was it.Well I get to spend tomorrow cleaning and setting up my new to me van:D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Glad you got sorted out. Hope it runs sweet for you.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

So far so good,thanks Ken

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Those old Astros with the 4.3 are pretty stout vans. I put about 180k on an early one, an 86 I think. I remember it had steering issues and the tranny needed some help, but that motor was pretty bulletproof. Chevy just stopped making them in '04 or '05 I think...good luck with your new one..!

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It was "05" when they stopped making them this is my 3rd one all but one has seen its demise thanks to the wildlife (deer),like you said Rick engines are very strong the "94" not one bit of engine problems but I was experiencing a little electrical problems and the tranny I noticed was starting to slip a tad maybe it was a good thing that deer hit me:eek:

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yes they are damn durable, replaced the original exhaust, shocks,and idler arms on a 94 yesterday. 289k miles mostly rust free southern Indiana miles but none the less.
Everything else original as well and functioning fine.

Good luck with the new one.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

i just sold a 97 with all the bells and whistles for 900 bucks in the 5 years i had it i never got it stuck i miss that van. oh and it had 110k miles on it