1997 Starcraft Fishmaster 190CC Resto

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1997 Starcraft Fishmaster 190CC Resto

Another evening of boat restoration, tonight I will make a dual bilge pump bracket and work some more on assembling the CC. More pics to come later.

Chad

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I love the classy look of that blue stripe, really sharp!

sprintst

Commander

Sweet. You're in the zone now. Keep the pics coming.

North Beach

Commander

Chad the boat is lookin really good man! Did you say you painted the console?

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Moving right along I see Chad..cool...
I thought I saw that light myself, but it was just a reflection from your paint job. :D

Huron Angler

Admiral

Wow the rig is looking great:)

That CC is awesome, you are going to have one sweet fihsing machine on your hands in a week or so:D

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WOW thanks guys, im glad everyone likes, the positive feedback really drives me. I did paint the center console, it is the same color white as the boat which is also the same color white as my truck, should look pretty good hooked up.

The flooring material should be in this week, I figured out all wiring last night and made brackets for the bilge pumps. Also working on getting the back painted.

Chad

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello,

I am still waiting on the vinyl flooring material to arrive, for some reason i thought i would be able to buy it local, now ive wasted a week, the arrival date for the vinyl is probably Monday.

Here is a link for the material i decided to go with. Seems like it will be easy to clean, slip resistant and good for fishing. $20.00 per yard (6'wide).

http://www.yourautotrim.com/dedotmaflt.html

I am a little concerned about the thickness of the material because i have one part of my deck which is removeable, the part over the fuel tank. It may be difficult to make the edges look good where i have to bend it over the seam, maybe a little heat to help it bend.

If I cant make it look good i may just do away with the removeable portion of the deck, i cant really think of any reason i would have to access the fuel tank. I have a new sending unit for it and its made of plastic. ANY THOUGHTS??

Chad

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well, I think that vinyl flooring is pretty cool! I'll be watching how you put that down as I have yet to decide for sure what I am going with. Great work man!

SBTOM

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah that seems like pretty cool stuff. Don't forget to post some photos of the installation process, I might use some depending on how easily it goes down. Good progress! - Tom

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Greetings,

Ok i have laid down the flooring material and am getting really close to completion. The flooring material is pretty nice, it went down fairly easy but i do have a couple of bubles and imperfections. I should have applied the material on a warm day with the help of a friend. I installed in the evening by myself, made it very difficult. Either way it is a fishing boat and im planning on putting a rubber insert or mat in to help protec the flooring from fish guts, hooks, etc.

Went through all wiring, everything works now. Before i had 2 or 3 switches, livewells, bilge pumps that just didnt work. I think there is a possibility that i could be done this Sunday.

If anyone decides to use the same flooring material which i did, my advice is have a heavy roller available and use the glue that the manufacturer Nautolex recomends.

Below are some of the latest pics, i have the motor well/splash well installed though no pics of it yet. More to come over the weekend. Check out pics of the entire resto if you want.

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac41/cc190cc/

Chad

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Greetings,

Ok so its finally done. There are a couple of screws here and there but i got the motor on , started it up, everything works. Feels good to finally be pretty much done. Just in time for the monster stripers that are coming around.

Im a little nervous to put it in the water. I will probably put insurance on it and run it into the rocks if it leaks......just kidding.

I will update the page as it finishes coming together. I have a few more plans to turn this into the ultimate fishing machine and i will have the name on it in a couple weeks once i recover some funds.

Chad

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No Comments??? Come on .... I know someone has something to say.
Chad

tdrudd87

Petty Officer 1st Class

Excellent Job man!!! We need pics of the massive stripers too!! Id love to have a cc, and good water to run it on!

Terry

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I think I said it before...

Man I sure do love the way the stripe looks on the hull there, very sharp. That has me thinking about my paint scheme a lot.

Here is another thing I'll say, I really want a CC!

Cheers and have fun!

geedubcpa

Petty Officer 1st Class

Was part of the problem on corrosion due to being used in salt water?

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

chad

awesome progress!! i like the choice of colors TOO! ( i also made a friend in the paint buss. and he's helping me find some paint) i noticed your deck is in sections... it's making me think about my 21 ft cc. the decking went side to side, if i did like yours it would make the install of cables,plumbing and electrical alot easier.
great work

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Greetings,

Part of the corrosion problem i would imagine was salt water, that is all this boat has ever seen. A majority of the corrosion problem was from the previous owner never covering it. If i could have saw under the deck prior to purchase i would not have bought it.

The way the deck is layed down makes it easy to change shift cables and steering cables if i had to. it also allows access to the wiring harness and fuel tank. I need to replace the steering cable sometime soon so im glad it wont be that hard, funds were just starting to run a little low towards the end of the project and it being tax season.

Im going to get the name vinyl made up maybe this week and hopefully i can test drive it this week. I also need to get some down riggers, a new fish finder and i want to have the carbs tuned. It started right up but is runnin a little rough, i know its the nature of the beast (3 cylinder mercs are known to idel rough but they are screamers, this boat will do about 40mph.)

More pics to come as i put ont he final touches, I will also get a vid and pics from maiden voyage.

Time to start looking for another boat to resto, im wanting to do something smaller to replace my flat back canoe.

Chad

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oh by the way, i kept a rough tally, i have probably about 150 hours into this, the paint prep and frozen foam removal killed me. Considering some of the multiple year projects on here, im pretty happy with the 4 month turn around. It is not 100% perfect, i had to keep in mind while doing this that is a fishing boat. STRIPER SLAYER

Chad

mytquinn

Cadet

I really like that flooring. I think I'll use it on my floor. Does it get hot in the sun?