Mariner 200 EFI

4bass

Recruit
Is there supposed to be water shooting out the pee hole all the time while motor is running? I went out for the first time in a few months and noticed is was not peeing all the time? Water would come out for awhile, then stop, then start again after a few minutes. Any ideas Thanks.

j_martin

Admiral
Re: Mariner 200 EFI

All the water for the tell tale goes through the t-stats. It might be intermittent in icy water. Feel the heads. If they aren't extremely hot, just uncomfortably hot, it's fine.

I would expect the OT alarm to sound if there's real trouble. I have no idea where you live because you have not filled out your user profile. If yer in salt water, the ground on the OT temp sender might be bad, disabling it.

hope it helps
John.

4bass

Recruit

All the water for the tell tale goes through the t-stats. It might be intermittent in icy water. Feel the heads. If they aren't extremely hot, just uncomfortably hot, it's fine.

I would expect the OT alarm to sound if there's real trouble. I have no idea where you live because you have not filled out your user profile. If yer in salt water, the ground on the OT temp sender might be bad, disabling it.

hope it helps
John.

The alarm did go off a few times, but I was told that it was because of water in the fuel from sitting too long. Maybe there is an issue in the t stats and not the fuel? Thanks for the help.

P.S. Water temp. was about 50 degrees, not in saltwater. I'm in Texas, had not got to fill out the profile yet. Thanks again.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The alarm did go off a few times, but I was told that it was because of water in the fuel from sitting too long.

If there is water in the fuel filter, find out and get it out of there and clean the tank and replace the filter. You don't want to know what it costs to get those injectors removed, cleaned and reinstalled and the VST removed and cleaned of water.

How long has it been since your impeller was replaced. They are not designed to last forever, and they are a maintenance item.

4bass

Recruit

If there is water in the fuel filter, find out and get it out of there and clean the tank and replace the filter. You don't want to know what it costs to get those injectors removed, cleaned and reinstalled and the VST removed and cleaned of water.

How long has it been since your impeller was replaced. They are not designed to last forever, and they are a maintenance item.

I've had the boat for two years, so I'm not sure about the impeller. Maybe I'll go ahead and replace it just to be safe.

Both tanks are full w/27 gallons each. Do I need to dump all the fuel or is there a way to remove the water?

Dukedog

Captain

If your gettin' water in tha fuel alarm it will be an intermitting beep beep beep. There should be a small module attached to tha bottom of tha ecu that will have a red led light that will be on showing there is water in tha seperator filter. Would check tha filter even if there is no light/module.
If its a constant beep it will be coolin' system (heat) related. Intermitting beep beep beep only indicates something with tha oiling system or water in tha filter..............D

4bass

Recruit

If your gettin' water in tha fuel alarm it will be an intermitting beep beep beep. There should be a small module attached to tha bottom of tha ecu that will have a red led light that will be on showing there is water in tha seperator filter. Would check tha filter even if there is no light/module.
If its a constant beep it will be coolin' system (heat) related. Intermitting beep beep beep only indicates something with tha oiling system or water in tha filter..............D

Ok, good info. It was definitely a constant beep. Any idea why there would be water coming out of the tell tale sometimes, then stop, then start again? I'm used to seeing it all the time. I plan to replace the impeller this weekend. Is there anything else I check. Would this problem have anything to do with the boat sitting for 4 or 5 months? Thanks guys.

Dukedog

Captain

Ok, good info. It was definitely a constant beep. Any idea why there would be water coming out of the tell tale sometimes, then stop, then start again? I'm used to seeing it all the time. I plan to replace the impeller this weekend. Is there anything else I check. Would this problem have anything to do with the boat sitting for 4 or 5 months? Thanks guys.

All of the above can be directly associated with tha water pump. Change tha complete pump assembly, gaskets, ride plate, impeller and housing. Your in there anyway and just a few more $ but well worth it..............