1976 22' Starcraft Islander Rebuild

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1976 22' Starcraft Islander Rebuild

I like that bow rail ALOT:D:D

It's the perfect height to keep folks on deck when setting the anchor/fishing but also tall enough that boarding the rig from a beach over the bow is still easily done.

Jas shoots...he scores:cool:

+1 on Ez's comment;)

Thanks man!

Yah, I agree with you guys. Sometimes, when I am gathering tools for my "other" projects there in the garage, I think she talks to me.

"I am here"

"I am here"

Ah, I am sure it's just the wind or something.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Oh boy...are you in for it now...that boat is possessed just like "Christine" (Plymouth Fury from Stephen King book/movie) and she wants to get wet sooner rather than later.:D

There is little you can do to stop this, but the good news is she can do some of the work on her own once you get the batteries and I/O in the rig where she can work with it. Just don't let her see you with any other boats, jealousy will be an issue.:p

Rockaholic

Seaman Apprentice

Nice looking setup, make sure to take some pics of your final seating setup so I can cheat off it :D

I like the bigger rail, the stock one on mine doesn't come more then a couple inches off the bow.

I got two of these for the front, pretty similar to the stock seats they put in the new islanders.

41GmJ8mOauL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm undecided on if i want to do some small rear facing half seats like the new islanders have.

I know I'm going to do two side benches about the same height as the shelf, but I haven't figured out the details yet, kinda debating on doing a broken U setup in the back with the middle open where the pull outs are in the floor.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh boy...are you in for it now...that boat is possessed just like "Christine" (Plymouth Fury from Stephen King book/movie) and she wants to get wet sooner rather than later.:D

There is little you can do to stop this, but the good news is she can do some of the work on her own once you get the batteries and I/O in the rig where she can work with it. Just don't let her see you with any other boats, jealousy will be an issue.:p

Possessed? Ah maybe. I think she may just really want to be back on the water and I am not helping matters at all. Summer of 11 my friend, summer of 11 is still the goal!

Nice looking setup, make sure to take some pics of your final seating setup so I can cheat off it :D

I like the bigger rail, the stock one on mine doesn't come more then a couple inches off the bow.

I got two of these for the front, pretty similar to the stock seats they put in the new islanders.

41GmJ8mOauL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm undecided on if i want to do some small rear facing half seats like the new islanders have.

I know I'm going to do two side benches about the same height as the shelf, but I haven't figured out the details yet, kinda debating on doing a broken U setup in the back with the middle open where the pull outs are in the floor.

Thanks Rock! Yah, I love that big ol bow rail! I had pilfered a pair of bow rails off the sacrificial Baja but they were only a few inches tall. They would be great for a 16/18 footer but have no place on this big girl.

Your seats are awesome! Tell ya what, don't wait on me to get ideas on your seating though! I am as slow as molasses in Alaska! You'll be fishing out of yours before I even can get mine to float:D

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That looks awesome. However, the lack of progress on this project is unacceptable.

Brutal, yet true. Bahahaha! :D That rail looks killer, good score.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hanging around this place is like a bad relationship that I need to get out of....

You guys are rough on me, and yet, I still love you all:D

Triton II

Commander

Hanging around this place is like a bad relationship that I need to get out of....

You guys are rough on me, and yet, I still love you all:D

Arrrgggghhhhhhh... I'm outta here! LOL. :D

TII

Kainon

Chief Petty Officer

nice railing, good score !!! .. blah blah blah.. lucky &^%@#&^%@

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

nice railing, good score !!! .. blah blah blah.. lucky &^%@#&^%@

Hey thanks for stopping by Kain!

Sound like somebody else wants one pretty bad eh! I'll let mine go for a million billion dollars, just pm me if you are interested.

Ah, rats. I forgot, no selling on iboats. I take it back. Sorry bro.

Cheers!

fshngho

Lieutenant

JA, you could always GIVE it to Kainon;) (Nuttin but love my friend.)
I agree it looks great. And so you know HA and I have had unexplained experiences with our boats talking to us. I think its a common thing that happens to those addicted to SC Tinnies. Maybe I'll get a Government Grant and do research on this..........:rolleyes:
Dale

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

That looks awesome. However, the lack of progress on this project is unacceptable.

C'mon EZ, you know Jas doesn't work on his rig until it's below freezing.:D

sprintst

Commander

I might start work on it again just before freezing as well. I leave for vacation in a week for the next three weeks.

When I have time I have no money and when there is no time to work on it then I have the cash :)

Triton II

Commander

When I have time I have no money and when there is no time to work on it then I have the cash :)

Isn't that the truth. I was thinking of retiring early because I need more time for boating and playing around perfecting my boat's set-up. Then someone had to go and remind me that to retire you need money...

RATS! :D

TII

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well, the guilt of not working on her got the better of me. So, I ran the shop vac for just a few minutes to clean her out...

P1030011.jpg

P1030012.jpg

P1030013.jpg

I filled up nearly 1/3 of that can there with stuff. Mostly popcorn sized styro pieces and a TON of rivet mandrels. I'll need to do some serious power washing still to get it all ready to gluvit yet.

Not much progress, but something, eh!

Cheers guys!

paparoof

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Last night I went through your entire thread again looking for the part where you put the new wood floors in. Now I know why I couldn't find that part. IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!

Don't make me pass you dood....

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Last night I went through your entire thread again looking for the part where you put the new wood floors in. Now I know why I couldn't find that part. IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!

Don't make me pass you dood....

Hey buddy, you have actually seen your motor run and you have the correct hole cut in the back end of your Islander - make no mistake, you have already passed me!!! Nice job man!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

OK, so I have a question for my Starcraft bros that are running 16 footers...

Lets say, hypothetically of course, that I had a 16 foot rig. Oh, probably an SS or similar. Would this fuel tank fit below deck?

P1030016.jpg

It's 20" wide, 9" deep (including the fittings), 5.5" deep on the sides (including the fittings again) and 5' long.

My guess is that it will be too deep by about an inch or so but I'd like to know for sure.

Remember, hypothetical question:D

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

Dunno if it'll fit,but it will need 1" of foam between it and the hull to prevent chafe and leaks.Add that in when doing the measurements.

Huron Angler

Admiral

I've been under the impression that even on the 18' rigs it's pretty tough to fit one of the belly tanks. Ezmobee did extensive measuring and research and came to that conclusion so I didn't even bother checking for the 16'.

I think my stringers are too narrow for that tank also.

The fittings are what gets ya...if they were on the end rather than on top I think it would fit...but probably wouldn't work correctly.:p