7.2 KB · Views: 0
  • boat interior2.jpg
    boat interior2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 0

BigBoatinOkie

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: '84 Wellcraft Repairs and Paint

That ought to look pretty cool ltja101. I just got back from dropping off all my stuff at the upholstery shop. I don't even want to mention what it's costing me, but it will be done by someone I trust and has many years of experience. Plus there were a lot more pieces to be covered than it looked like there would be and everything has to have new foam $$$:( After this the boat will definately not be worth what I have in it. But I guess that's just how it goes with old boats. Oh well. I'm doing it because I want to. I didn't get any actual work done on the boat today so no new pics.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I hear you, I stopped by the bank to pick up the gold bar to pay for mine today! But the guy doing it has done it for over 20 years....and I don't do sewing! And of course I picked the most expensive fabric they had....I'm good at that! So what is the final word on the design? Colors?

BigBoatinOkie

I don't know if I should say what the final design is. I might just keep yall in suspense until I get it back in a month. ;)

BigBoatinOkie

Not really. I actually just went with the original sketch I did with the straight racing stripes down the back and some smaller stripes down the side panels. I just kept it simple two tone with the crimson and cream colors. It'll look good I swear.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Of course crimson and cream will look great! Now if it was a nasty burnt orange I would have to drive down there and straiten you out!i

BigBoatinOkie

No need to worry. We don't do burnt orange at my house. Boomer Sooner!

BigBoatinOkie

Sorry everyone. All the pics on this thread are gone. My wife decided to move all my boat pics in photobucket into a different album and it messed up all the links. I will try to straighten it out ASAP.

BigBoatinOkie

All better now.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Sure, sure, sure, blame it all on Mrsbigboatinokie....hope she doesn't read what you posted! :eek:

BigBoatinOkie

lol. I made her fix it too.

MrsBoatinOkie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

lol. I made her fix it too.

*coughs* ahem.. I was not MADE to fix those links.. I fixed them without any prompting. :p

Just trying to make photobucket clean and tidy so it makes sense. All is good in the world now lol

Just because I am so ready to get on the lake AND I was wrongfully accused earlier, this is for you!! hehe
Andrewskiing.jpg

We need a cool boat name this go 'round.. Any ideas???

BigBoatinOkie

haha. what a handsome fella that is. alright, that's enough screwin around. this thread is for the the serious business of boat restoration. we don't need wives getting on here and pretending this is a chat room. :eek: I'm gonna get it for that one.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hmm looks like this is a family project, lol!

ltjag101

Seaman Apprentice

you are a brave sole

ltjag101

Seaman Apprentice

ohh but wait i looked back threw the thread and of the pics Mrsboatinokie is the only one doing any work the guys are screwing off makes you wonder

i could see this starting something

BigBoatinOkie

you're not helping. i'd appreciate it if you'd shut your big yapper. :D:D

By the way, sorry for all the non-constructive chit chat. I can't work on the boat because I'm on shift this week at the gas plant. Not much going on at work so I just mess around on the net.

ltjag101

Seaman Apprentice

you're not helping. i'd appreciate it if you'd shut your big yapper. :D:D

lol not the first time i've heard that
i know what you are saying about work
ive been working 6 days a week for months and i know it is hard to get stuff done but do alittle here and there just gotta keep moving along or it will stagnate and not get finished

BigBoatinOkie

Have any of you guys ever parted out a boat? I've had my eye on a boat on craigslist for a real good price, but I already have another boat in the barn that I was planning on restoring later. I don't have room for both of them, but I'd rather have the one on craigslist, so I may sell the one I have now. I can't decide which way to go about selling it, part it out or sell it outright. The one I want to sell is an '87 Cheetah 19ft bowrider with Mercruiser 170 hp 4 cyl. and Merc Alpha 1 drive. The motor and drive were fine when I parked it, but it needs a new transom, deck, and most likely stringers. The hull is in good shape and will shine up nicely with some polishing. It's on a very nice tandem axle trailer with good tires. Anybody have any idea what something like this could go for either parted out or whole? I don't think that engine is held in very high esteem from what I've read on iboats, but I didn't have a problem with it. I'll get some more pics this evening and maybe yall can help me decide. Here's the only pic I have.

103_1341.jpg

BigBoatinOkie

Sorry to switch gears on you guys, but I kinda want to decide what to do with this thing. Again, I was wanting to restore it, but I might sell it. Just let me know what you think it might be worth if you have an opinion. Here's some more pics.

100_1414.jpg

100_1415.jpg

100_1416.jpg

100_1420.jpg

This thing has mega leg room in the bow. She's not even touching the front. By the way she's 6' tall.

100_1421.jpg

100_1422.jpg

Like I said before, I get the impression that engine is particularly troblesome and not very desireable, although I had no trouble with it.

Once again, it'll need a transom, deck, stringers, and motor mounts. What would yall do? I have $900 in it.