Im bachin it for the weekend

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Wifey went to confrence yesterday, wont be home till sunday. Have to figure out something to eat rather than KD and hotdogs. :)

Last edited:

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Im bachin it for the weekend

Wifey went to confrence yesterday, wont be home till sunday. Have to figure out something to eat rather than KD and hotdogs. :)

Beer and Back Bacon. And seems the wife is gone, may as well add some baked beans for fun.

ziggy

Admiral

my sweety left for the eve too and won't be back till tomorrow midday. so i gotta figure something out for dinner too...
i was thinking about cheese sandwiches w/Campbell's soup. got me at least 4 different kinds to choose from.... i gotta do the dishes too so my menu won't create many of those.... ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

Taco Soup - even a guy can make it.:p;)

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Taco Soup - even a guy can make it.:p;)

Whats the recipe to make this? always into something new.:)
I am thinking tonight its going to be bison with cranberry sausages, "bbq'ed"
mashed spuds some kinda veggy and a side salad. and some friday night rum to start:D

Last edited:

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I always do breakfast,easy to do easy to clean up:D:D

Tig

Chief Petty Officer

I'm also home alone for a couple days...
Gonna have to break down and cook something soon. :)

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer

meal for 2 days. Takes 30 min. 2spuds,1 onion,2carrots, 1/2 small turnip, or 2parsnips or both, 1 chuck steak or stew meat.( peas, beans or your favorite veg ) cut steak or stew meat to bite size. cut onion. put in fry pan and brown in a little oil . dump in a pot. add an ounce of veg oil. and turn on med heat. while cooking , cut veg bite size and add to pot. stir it up and then add 1/4 cup of flour . stir again till flour coats it all and starts to brown . then stir in enough water to make gravy as thick as you like it then add another cup of water . As soon as everything is bubbling nicely turn down burner till it is simmering . at this point add all your spices that you like. Stir every 1/2 hr. stab the veg.with a fork and when they are almost done, add dumpling mix which is in a separate bowl 1 cup of flour, 1 1/2 tea spoons of baking powder 1/4 tea spoon salt, 1table spoon veg oil. stir together and add just enough water to make a thick putty. check your stew and add a little more water to make your gravy just right. Then add dumplings one at a time with a large spoon. put lid back on and 1 hrs. later you are ready to dig in. At times i find that I have to change to a bigger pot and I have enough for 4 days. But it can be put in containers in the freezer for next time she leaves you. I almost forgot, some times I add a litlle beer or wine to it instead of water. Enjoy !!!!:D:D

Jeep Man

Commander

The only thing I can make is RESERVATIONS

Shameless padding, but now I'm a Master........something

bekosh

Lieutenant

Kraft dinner, macaroni with powder cheese, add butter and milk, ummmm yuck.;)
Make the Mac n Cheese and add a can of Cream of Mushroom soup, a drained can of mushrooms and meat of your choice. Browned ground beef, can of tuna, chicken, ham, Spam.... If you want to get fancy top with the crunchy onion rings.
Instant cheesy casserole.:cool:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Hey guys quick check in, rums going down rather good, neighbour gord was over for a couple of pops (another I boat member) now its cooking time!!!
I dont do parsnips, friend from ft nelson, but great recipe, I will just do spuds :D but thank you for the recipe.

rob sort of on the loose. hahaha

htv

Seaman

When I'm alone I always take the opportunity to cook what I like that the family won't allow. Like liver and onions smothered in gravy, or fried oysters, or split pea soup, sauerkraut with pork, you get the picture.:D

rbh

Fleet Admiral

When I'm alone I always take the opportunity to cook what I like that the family won't allow. Like liver and onions smothered in gravy, or fried oysters, or split pea soup, sauerkraut with pork, you get the picture.:D

Yes but they love that stuff.:D

gonefishie

Commander

Geezz...what is wrong with y'all? :eek::eek:.....That's exactly what Hooters for. :D

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer

Fight back against the cold! Fire up your grill or smoker.

Steak, Kilbasa, bratts, ribs, grilled/baked beans and or potatoes whatever! Any of this will just about leave you with minimal cleanup.

Llyods makes rib packs ready to go, just throw them on the grill. I know it's cheatin', but by your self, who cares?

Get the tasties and drive your neighbors nuts with the smell.

If my wife and kids weren't here, and I didn't have to worry about a balanced meal, I would tear into a rib-eye and just a block of , say, cheddar cheese. And beer of course.

Last edited:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Well boredom has set in so I cleaned out the fridge, did you know that when egg nog goes bad it breaks down into three layers, 1#OH 2#MY 3# GOD,:D
and has a distinct cinnamon/ yuck smell.
I know that spinich dip has lots of colors to it, but day glow green.:eek:
a buddys coming over this afternoon with a carepackage from burger king ahh