Reward offered for southern boaters.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Reward offered for southern boaters.

Now think of being like that for 6 months like some of us!

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Well there is an up side to all the snow....should help bring water levels up for spring.....I know hear in the Great Lakes region we are running a little low....In the end of Sep we had parts of the Maumee River dry up, i haven't seen that happen in a long time..!

So more snow=more melt= better boating cum spring!!

WOW! The Maumee dried up? The 20 some years i lived up there that never happened.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

today is a warm up to 50, 34 tonight with rain. Snow predicted Sat and Sun.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

been snowing all day here. looks like it will continue for a while as well.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

This is in Pensacola, FLORIDA
bilde

Dang...sure as heck looks like a fish out of water to me........:D

tallcanadian

Captain

Good Lord. Who would want to make snow. I'll send ya down some Canadian stuff and throw some Canadian beer in with it.

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well i think some southern boaters are owed some money cause its snowing like hell in NW Ohio today..First heavy snow of the year!

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I live 30 min from the ocean in the NC coastal area , We are possiably getting UP to 1 INCH of snow tonight . Snow has not even started yet and Schools have already been put on 2 hr delay , possiable closings . No milk or bread can be found at the supermarket .
Thought you people in the North might get a kick out of this , I grew up in the north and if we had 6 inches of snow at 11pm and it was still snowing we Might have a shot at schools closing .

tallcanadian

Captain

Awww, so it's you Ohio boys hogging all the snow. lol. Actually, we've have had only rain here for two weeks. The snow is gone and it's around 32F or so. Which is warm for us for this time of year. I've not seen a January like this, ever. But no sun now for 3 weeks.

tallcanadian

Captain

I live 30 min from the ocean in the NC coastal area , We are possiably getting UP to 1 INCH of snow tonight . Snow has not even started yet and Schools have already been put on 2 hr delay , possiable closings . No milk or bread can be found at the supermarket .
Thought you people in the North might get a kick out of this , I grew up in the north and if we had 6 inches of snow at 11pm and it was still snowing we Might have a shot at schools closing .

I think it's kind of neat comparing the weather with each other and how we react when the weather is all messed up. It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if I never saw another snowflake. I'm actually envious that some of you fellas get to boat most of the year. I only get from late May to the middle, if I'm lucky, of November. Then I usually sit and watch my boat slowly disappear under the snow. lol.

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Tall Canadian ,
When I lived in Jersey , I used to take my convertiable out with the top down every year during the first snow , I may revisit this tradition tomorrow with my boat . Not many chances to go out on the water with a nice light snow falling !

Update : this was posted on our local news website , remember we are possiably getting between a dusting to 1 INCH of snow

Crews Getting Ready For Snow
Eastern NC - 1/7/2010
Department of Transportation workers across the East are getting our roads prepared now, before the snow arrives.

Crews are hitting the streets in Pitt, Onslow, Craven, and Pamlico Counties today. Their pre-treating bridges and roads with a water and salt solution called brine. This is all in an effort to make our roads as safe as possible before the wintry weather moves into the east.

Trucks will also be on hand, mounted with salt spreaders and plows to treat the roads during the actual snow event.