Custom Craft 18' need help finding specs

18foot100hp

Recruit
Ok so I bought a 1984 Custom Craft 18' Center Console and now I need some specs. I need to know the fuel cell capacity and what material it is made from. This boat was made in Douglas, Ga. and I cannot find anything on this hull.

The reason I need to know is the boat has a 100hp Evinrude and I put 12 gal in the tank and was only able to run about 6 miles. Does this seem right? Or do I need to change my prop? I am not sure which prop is on right now.

So what can I do to get better fuel economy?

Where can I get a service manual for the hull?

I need to know because my father is taking care of the boat and getting it ready for me....I am currently deployed to Iraq.

Thanks for your help,
Paul

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Custom Craft 18' need help finding specs

you need to get the motor set up so that you are turning atleast 5,500 rpms. that is the optimum wide open throttle, prop the boat to that.

have you check compression and spark, also fuel leak?

100 hp should burn approx 10 gallons per hour, at wot.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Cant comment on an 18 ft., just got rid of a 16 center console custom craft that I had for years. Had a 2 stroke 50, would burn about 3 gallons on an 8 to 10 mile trip. Fairly light load, 6 gals of gas, 2 people, anchor and beer. Normally only went fast enough to stay on plane.
Dont know if you will find much info on a CUSTOM CRAFT, try RIVIERA, believe they are the same boats. regards FRED

18foot100hp

Recruit

thanks pine island fred i will try....just need to know the stock onboard fuel tank size.

Willyclay

Captain

First and foremost, thank you for your service to our country! If your HIN has LMQ as the first three characters, then it was built by Lott Manufacturing Company of Douglas, GA. I have a 1996 Model 1884D which is the dual console version with a Johnson 100. The built-in fuel tank is made out of plastic and holds 18 gallons. Mine is rated 150HP max and, using the 70 percent minimum rule mentioned frequently by forum experts, I am underpowered. My motor is currently inop due to a bad engine wiring harness but I plan to fix it and install Smart-Tabs for improved performance. A newer, bigger motor is not in my budget.

David Lott told me they lost most of their records in a fire at the plant. He put me in touch with Frank Franklin of Custom Marine in Statesboro, GA who was very helpful. Let me know if I can help you any other way. Good luck and stay safe!