NFL week 17

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer
What happened to week 16? Did I miss it?

Alot of things has to happen today,
Some teams Must Win and others Must Lose. We have a chance to get into the play-off if those other teams will cooperate!....Muhahahahaaaa!

Go Steelers!

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer
Re: NFL week 17

I am in my barn, working on my motorcycles. I have been watching "Life After People" all moring on History chanel.

1:00- I am debating watching the Vikes pound the "unhurt remnants" of my "no effort or heart this year" Giants. I am not a fair weather fan, just a real disapointed one.

That HC show is looking like it will be more interesting.

Last edited:

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

Ok, now I can relax and watch the rest of the days games, I know I'm asking for much, but can the Raiders beat the Ravens? Can the Jets have a flame-out?.......Man, it's a tuff day!....Muhahahahahaaaa!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Happy Birthday Eli !!:p C'mon Dallas........ Can't believe I just said that...:eek:

TilliamWe

Banned

Ok, now I can relax and watch the rest of the days games, I know I'm asking for much, but can the Raiders beat the Ravens? Can the Jets have a flame-out?.......Man, it's a tuff day!....Muhahahahahaaaa!

No, not all the three losses needed by the Stillers will happen. Please don't sit around hoping for it, either. I for one enjoyed the heck out the the game (except for Pat White's injury, that made me sick to my stomach), and will now head out to buy fish with our 4.5 year old, for his Christmas present.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Saints lost to Carolina, but I don't care. It was obvious from the git-go that the strategy was to preserve players and give those out on injuries more time to get ready for the playoffs. If would have been really something to have an undefeated season - I was surely hoping for that a few weeks ago, but the focus has to be on turning around the loss of momentum that the Saints have experienced lately.

We shall see!

???

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

NFL is trying to find a way to make teams play starters even when they dont have anything to play for. People paid a lot of money to see Payton last week and then have a second stringer come in and lose the game.

Correct me if I am wrong but if New Orleans loses a game then the Vikings have home field advantage through out the play offs. I dont think anybody can beat them at home.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Giants sucked today !!!!
Roll on next season !!!:)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Um. . . .ah, how 'bout them Cowboys?

Seems they are peaking at exactly the right time (for the first time in 10 years).

Brent S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats to the "boys. My brother was/is there and had great things to say about the stadium. Unfortunately the Iggles lost. :(

May the best team win NEXT week;)

TilliamWe

Banned

Correct me if I am wrong but if New Orleans loses a game then the Vikings have home field advantage through out the play offs. I dont think anybody can beat them at home.

Yes, the Vikes the #2 seed, so if the #1 seed Saints were to lose, the NFC Championship game would be in Minnesota, as long as the Vikes don't lose their first playoff game.
And you are right, the Vikings have won all their home games this year. All 4 losses were on the road.

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

No, not all the three losses needed by the Stillers will happen. Please don't sit around hoping for it, either. /QUOTE]

Here you go again, Telling me how to be a Steeler Fan, Please Don't! I guess it's ez to predict after the games are complete. I hope for the best for my team. I'm not so sure you are a real Steeler Fan!...Go buy your fish!

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Um. . . .ah, how 'bout them Cowboys?

Seems they are peaking at exactly the right time (for the first time in 10 years).

They finally look like.....the Dallas Cowboys!
Now to beat the Eagles (again) next week!

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

NFL is trying to find a way to make teams play starters even when they dont have anything to play for. People paid a lot of money to see Payton last week and then have a second stringer come in and lose the game.

As Coach Payton said today, the NFL thing re starters is not new this year - it has been going on for some time. Personally, I think its dumb - the game is about strategy and protecting your ability to be competative during the playoffs is part of that strategy. The Saints wrapped up #1 seed, so there was no need to win today.

The Saints needed one of two things to happen for homefield advantage in the playoffs - they needed to beat Tampa (which they didn't) or the Bears needed to beat the Vikes, which they did. This is exactly why today's game was not a factor for the Saints.

???

TilliamWe

Banned

No, not all the three losses needed by the Stillers will happen. Please don't sit around hoping for it, either. /QUOTE]

Here you go again, Telling me how to be a Steeler Fan, Please Don't! I guess it's ez to predict after the games are complete. I hope for the best for my team. I'm not so sure you are a real Steeler Fan!...Go buy your fish!

Dude, don't be a jerk. I made that comment when the Raiders/Ravens game was scoreless. There was very little chance that the Raiders could beat the Ravens.
And just as the Steelers players had predicted, not all the teams that the Stillers needed to win, would win. Just look at Cincy, purposely laying an egg. And then there was NE, not beating Houston. Even before Welker's injury, they were going to lose that game.

I am more of a Steelers fan that you could ever possibly imagine. I am just a realist when it came to their playoff chances. There is NO WAY that you can count on 3 teams losing, to get you in the playoffs, especially when one of them HAS TO win to get there themselves. And you certainly can't sit around watching inferior games, (which all games not involving the Steelers are), hoping for it. I watched the Cincy/Jets joke when I got home, because there was nothing else on TV, and the Steelers had already been eliminated. In the meantime, I spent a nice late afternoon with my wife and son at dinner and the pet store. Time much more well spent than watching a Ravens game!

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

OK, time to inject some levity into this convo .... if y'all want to know how to be a FAN, talk to a Saints fan! We know how to hang in there, not for a few years at a time, but for decades with mediocre to crappy seasons!

WHODAT?!!!!!!

???

TilliamWe

Banned

Wearing Bags on your Heads doesn't count as hanging in there, sorry. That's openly mocking your team, and that's not fanaticism.

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

You are the one telling me to be a fan that way you think it should be. /QUOTE]

I guess you really Don't understand, I don't give a crap what kind of fan you are, I just don't want you to feel that you have the right to tell me what kind of fan I or anyone else to be. And I got your Child!. ( That's 2 Insults) You want to be right? In your mind you can be.