Water in my oil!!

Shredhead

Cadet
I have an older Four Winns bowrider('89) with a 4.3l V6 (OMC) and been experiencing a fair amount of water in my oil and am not sure where to start looking for the problem. I was convinced it was a head gasket but told to pull the plugs and if one was burning clean and really white this would be the side and area where the head gasket would be gone. As it turns out, the middle plug on both sides is burning really clean and whitish! Is there a chance it could be the dome gasket or something?? The manifolds are only a few years old but I guess it could be a riser gasket or something!! HELP PLEASE!! Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Water in my oil!!

Is there a chance it could be the dome gasket

Ayuh,... What's a Dome Gasket,..??

I'd pull the risers,+ look there....

Shredhead

Cadet

I am unsure of how much is getting in, enough to turn my oil cloudy and merky and enough to clog up the vent tubes from valve covers to spark arresstor. The motor still runs and idles good until I really try to open it up. Then it backfires and spits and sputters. I changed my oil and filters a few times to try to determine where and how much water is getting in to no prevail. Thanks very much for your help and suggestions!!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What you need to do is pressure test the block to see if it's leaking.
Drain the water out, block off the hoses going to the exhaust manifolds, and disconnect the water inlet hose. Pressureize the block and see if it holds pressure. If it doesn't perhaps you will be able to hear where it's leaking.

Bondo

Staff member

Then it backfires and spits and sputters.

Ayuh,... Change the fuel filters,+ clean out the carb,... You've got Water in the fuel, as well as the oil....

Lodgepole

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ayuh,... Change the fuel filters,+ clean out the carb,... You've got Water in the fuel, as well as the oil....

And Quit running the thing with water in the oil. You will realy screw tkings up!!!!!!!!!