Sea Ray Questions

jweinstein105

Recruit
I am looking at a 97 searay 175. The boat hull looks good except 2 spots. One is an indentation like it hit the dock, but there are no scratches or cracking. This spot is near the front at the water line. The second spot is at the rear and it is like a 2x6 is pushing out of the hull 1/4 inch. Once again no scratches or cracking or any signs of repair.

Are these a problem and does anyone know if the sea ray hull is all fiberglass?

Thanks

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sea Ray Questions

Pics would help. Pretty sure a '97 SeaRay does have wooden stringers and transom. Check carefully for rot.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Sea Ray Questions

I own a 96 175 five series and as for it's integrity I have been more than satisfied. But what you speak of could be a future site of failure to the hull if not properly repaired is the bulge in the rear on the battery side because the dimentions you posted are close to that on the other rear side is the fuel cell on my rig. The front would be my utmost concern I'm no fiberglass guru but an indentation or bulge outward isn't good post pics here and in the resto forum. By the way welcome aboard!!! you will get more qualified help soon and pleanty of it everyone here is great and will go out of thier way to help just supply the right info, read the threads at the top of each forum for proper edquet.