wife thinks Im cheap

Tonight I was leaving to go out and get dog food ,a very inportant mission and the wife said "If you are going out pick up a gift for shara" who is a lady the wife sits beside in church and knows fairly well. I said "Honey I would be happy too but the doller store has already closed" I found myself waiting in line at walmart within the hour buying an 18 doller fruit basket per the wifes instructions.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: wife thinks Im cheap

Hey, It's the thought that counts so they say !!!:)
Make 18 people happy for the same price as a Walmart fruit basket :D:D

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Tonight I was leaving to go out and get dog food ,a very inportant mission and the wife said "If you are going out pick up a gift for shara" who is a lady the wife sits beside in church and knows fairly well. I said "Honey I would be happy too but the doller store has already closed" I found myself waiting in line at walmart within the hour buying an 18 doller fruit basket per the wifes instructions.

You got off easy. Lucky she didn't make you go to "the mall".....:)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i found the Coke (ball) at walmart for $1.00,bought 12. went to the walmart liquor store, bought 12 miniatures of Barcardi, $1.50 ea. put them in a gift bad. total cost $2.75. now that is a cheap present.

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nothing wrong with being cheap! I call it "thrifty" Saves me money. That way, I can go Hog Wild spending money on my boat and motor :D:D

Triton II

Commander

My ex-wife doesn't think I'm cheap... she KNOWS it! :D

saacmk1

Cadet

Cheap spelled sideways is paehc. Now whaddya say to that?:p

Knightgang

Lieutenant

You got off easy. Lucky she didn't make you go to "the mall".....:)

THE MALL, UUhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh run and hide, run and hide:eek:

In my town there is only ONE good reason to go to the mall. Our Bass Pro Shops is located in the mall... They took the old Parisians space, and yes, it is a 2 floor Bass Pro...

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

i found the Coke (ball) at walmart for $1.00,bought 12. went to the walmart liquor store, bought 12 miniatures of Barcardi, $1.50 ea. put them in a gift bad. total cost $2.75. now that is a cheap present.

after all the Xmas shopping i've done lately and travel plans and work and............I'd love to be on your Xmas list. :D

nlain

Commander

In my town there is only ONE good reason to go to the mall. Our Bass Pro Shops is located in the mall... They took the old Parisians space, and yes, it is a 2 floor Bass Pro...

My wife drug me into Target in that mall Sunday, but it was not long until we migrated over to BPS, then dang it, I left $100.00 in that place and only had 2 bags, most of which was for the Grandkids. They will be happy at least.