PTT Failure

ken52

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: PTT Failure

Thanks for the advice RB. Looks like a lot of corrosion in those bolt threads. Will get a good bit for this and take my time. I have a drill press but not sure I'll be able to get it squared up while all assembled. I'll be able to get thread info from bolts that came out ok. Seems like it's always something once you get started.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

never tried a drill press.
do all mine free hand.
thats why going blind sucks so bad, I can see it very well anymore.
on the showa units that have the large pin hole for the bottom mount I use a piece of three quarter inch all thread some large washers and a couple nuts.
lock the all thread with two nuts and washers leaving about 6 inchs sticking out one side.
lock that 6 inch piece in a good shop vise and have a blast.
usually with heat I can extract them without breaking them but not always.

ken52

Petty Officer 1st Class

My ol eyes aren't what they use to be either, thank god for those flea market cheater glass or I'd be like a mole hunting. Will keep advised of progress. All I have is a map gas cylinder for propane torch. Probably should have taken whole unit of bracket first but didn't think necessary. Once repairs are done can you bleed the air out of the system and refill reservoir on the bench then reinstall on bracket?

ken52

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well things down here in sunny FL finally warmed up enough for me to remove the PTT assembly from boat. Upper and lower pins came out very easy. Also removed bracket anode because it needs replacing, broke off one bolt head. Sprayed it with bleach water mix (Rodbolts advice) let it sit for a few minutes then a little heat from propane torch and that came out very easy too.

Trying to drill out two broken bolts that hold power trim motor to assembly but have broken my bits. Need to find some stronger drill bits so I can easy out the remaining bolt shaft. Will keep advised.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

tust me.
go to Home Depot,or any other Dewalt dealer, buy the bullit point bit set and drill away.

ken52

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry I missed you post Rodbolt, had pc troubles. Should have colbalt bits soon, had to order a set from Northern Tool. All the local store had was the coated sets and I figured for $10 more the other set would last me longer.

danoammo1

Recruit

dunno

with a no voltage reading when the meter leads are on the terminals of the relay I would quit testing the motor and find the relay issue.
YOU MUST remember.
the sky blue and light green terminals are motor CONTROL wires.
have nothing to do with can the motor run.
now your symtoms changed again.
dont confuse the blue and green motor wires with the blue and green control wires.
stop where your at and PM me . I am gonna be off after wednesday, have the motor,your meter and a phone handy.
its quicker then typing.

1998 yamaha C90TLRW = This is the part im stuck at, I get no 12v at either blue or green terminal with the switch up or down. Please help if you have the time, im in desperate need!