Starcraft 16' SS restoration SPLASHED !!!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Starcraft 16' SS restoration

Super sharp man!!!

PaulyV

Chief Petty Officer

Very Nice..Colors look much better right side up. My favorite on the sight so far!! :)

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

bank that boat and trailer looks great
nice work!!

ps noodles are 2.00 at walmart

Thanks for the comments!!

As far as the noodles go............. I used the pipe insulation. I tested it in the hot tub. It took 6 lbs of rocks in a sack to get it to sink under the surface!! Soooooooo with 180+ @ 6lbs each...............$0.97.................polypropelene (sp?) foam. which by the way does not seem to react with gasoline (insert bad day in the garage here!!) seems to me to be a descent choice. Although not near as colorful!!! :D:D:D:D

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

bank posted
I tested it in the hot tub.

i can't argue with the hot tub test... i won many debates in a hot tub... hmmm, but that's for another forum :D

motorpsykler

Petty Officer 1st Class

As far as the noodles go............. I used the pipe insulation. I tested it in the hot tub. It took 6 lbs of rocks in a sack to get it to sink under the surface!! Soooooooo with 180+ @ 6lbs each...............$0.97.................polypropelene (sp?) foam. which by the way does not seem to react with gasoline (insert bad day in the garage here!!) seems to me to be a descent choice. Although not near as colorful!!! :D:D:D:D

I guess an accurate comparison would be to test how many pounds it takes to submerge a noodle. Hot tub anyone?

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Wow Chuck, that paint scheme is going to look sooo cool behind that wrangler, that artistic foresight is sure using the ol 'noodle' :D...........looking great dude!

PaulyV

Chief Petty Officer

Chuck have you pulled the boat with that Jeep yet? I have read that they aren't very stable pulling any sort of weight due to the wheelbase and light weight?

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Chuck have you pulled the boat with that Jeep yet? I have read that they aren't very stable pulling any sort of weight due to the wheelbase and light weight?

I pull a 14' landscape trailer without any problems. I don't do it very quick, but I do it!!:D

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a question for all the SC guru's out there....

What size fuel tanks are you running, and where do you have them???

I want to put a tank under the splashwell but I am having trouble finding one that will fit.

Any suggestions??

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It doesn't on mine, but everything is bigger on the 18'.

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well it has been a while since I have posted, work has been real busy. Not much time for the boat. I did get the painting finished up on the inside and put down some Kiwi-Grip on the floor, I will get pics later, That stuff looks nice but it is kind of a pain to work with. It is like 10 times thicker than paint and I was having A heck of a time getting it on evenly. Just had to keep rolling, I think my arm is going to fall off!!!:eek:

Any way, I am hoping things will start to pick up now. There just seems to be about 100 to150 "smallish" things to finish up:D:D:D

Stratosman86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Welcome back Bank! Now post those Pics!:D

Darren

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, I'd love to see some shots of the Kiwi Grip. Glad you had some time to work on the rig. Cheers!

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well, I have been plugging away all weekend. May I say that I DESPISE electrical wiring

Got all the gauges and switches in and wired though. I hope it does not burn down when I power everything up

Here are a few pics of the inside and the Kiwi Grip.
IMG00040-20100605-1533.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00041-20100605-1533.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00042-20100605-1534.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00043-20100605-1534.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00041-20100605-1533.jpg
[/IMG]

Should have a motor in a week or so, planning on splashing by July 4th
Hope everyone had a great weekend, either boating or working on one!!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Looks awesome! Very sharp!

I'd love to hear your impressions on that Qiwi Grip. I am pretty sure that I am going with a textured surface rather than carpet or vinyl.

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looks awesome! Very sharp!

I'd love to hear your impressions on that Qiwi Grip. I am pretty sure that I am going with a textured surface rather than carpet or vinyl.

It goes on just like paint, but really thick, then just roll it with the textured roller.

I ordered the 9" roller when I ordered the Kiwi Grip ($20). It seems to be very durable. It cleans up nicely, really hated to spill that last beer!!

I worked in the boat all weekend barefooted to see how it felt as I thought it may be a little rougher than I would like but it was all good. Very comfortable on the feet!!:)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

It goes on just like paint, but really thick, then just roll it with the textured roller.

I ordered the 9" roller when I ordered the Kiwi Grip ($20). It seems to be very durable. It cleans up nicely, really hated to spill that last beer!!

I worked in the boat all weekend barefooted to see how it felt as I thought it may be a little rougher than I would like but it was all good. Very comfortable on the feet!!:)

Cool, thanks!

Huron Angler

Admiral

That bow storage looks great Bankfisher, nice work:)