Power Grab... My new favorite adhesive

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant
Power Grab is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. Anyone ever use this stuff? I've used it to hold cable modems, routers, brick power supplies, outlet strips etc to the undersides of cabinets and other places where your installing something that you want to stay put but in 5 years you'll be replacing with better technology.

It is water cleanup, dries rapidly and holds the item in place until it dries. It's kind of like really thick caulk. When it's dry the item can be pried apart and the adhesive usually still remains on one surface. It can then be peeled off in a "plastic sheet".

Most recently I installed a twin bank battery charger on my boat. Because of limited space the best spot only allowed me to reach two of the four mounting screws. Power Grab to the rescue. It will be interesting to see how it holds up in a marine environment.

Just wanted to share!

Richard

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Power Grab... My new favorite adhesive

it is good, been around for years.

Splat

Lieutenant

And where are you getting this miracle glue?

Does it come in a squeeze tube, or caulk tube?

Bill

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Yep, tell me more !!!

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

I use the pressurized caulk tube.

Specifically - http://www.loctiteproducts.com/products/detail.asp?catid=45&subid=113&plid=474 Available at Home Depots everywhere. In the adhesives isle.

Just squeeze and it squirts out.

They had a commercial on TV for awhile showing some guy gluing a hammer onto the ceiling - silencing a noisy neighbor.

You can glue a hammer to the ceiling-no screws no tape no bracing.

I say my new favorite, I've been using it for a couple years with good results. After going back to those installations a few years later it's still as good as day one. Jury's still out on its outdoor use - though I have a wireless gate alarm transmitter glued to my wood gate. Thats over two years......

And..... ITS WHITE!!!!!

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Sounds like pretty good stuff. I think I'll check it out, the next time I am at Lowes.

???

Splat

Lieutenant

I remember the commercial now that you mention it.

Bill

WizeOne

Commander

Looks like I should have some in inventory. I wonder how long it lasts after you open it?

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

The tubes I buy the pressurized ones last untilt there empty. Several months. They come with a snap on tipcover that seals the tube. I would think indefinately if kept sealed.