About to pull the trigger...

timmyjoebob

Seaman
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2001 Key West 1720DC and was wondering: besides Key West Boats, where can I find replacement bow cushions? I've Googled, but am not finding a good source (yet). I believe I can find a bimini top on iBoats, but would welcome suggestions for that too.

Thanks in advance!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: About to pull the trigger...

Ayuh,... About Any Upholstery Shop, or Custom Canvas Shop will gladly fix you up...

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: About to pull the trigger...

Take it out for a sea trial before you buy it. My wife really liked a 18 DC Key West we saw at a boat show. We put our money down subject to a sea trial. Very nice boat, just not for me.

I couldn't sit and drive because the top of the windshield was right at my line of sight. I had to really stretch my neck to look over it or bend to look through the windshield. And up on plane there was very little window to look through.

I couldn't drive it standing up because the wheel was too low. I had to lean way over. Operating with the top up, as I usually do, would have been impossible. It would have required a Bimini, which I don't like.

That is how I fit the boat. The boat itself was very nice and well put together. Just make sure you fit.