Oil Pan Drain system

swampboy

Seaman
I'm looking for some kind of Oil Pan Drain system that has a fitting that fits in place of the regular drain plug. This unit will screw into the pan, and have a hose that leads out thru the transom drain hole. There will be a valve on the hose to empty the oil. Otherwise I will look into getting a pump of some type to remove the oil.

Bronc Rider

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Oil Pan Drain system

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.iboats.com/Oil_Drain_Kit_Sierra/dm/*******.714502452--**********.824552143--view_id.203978

18-7891.jpg

ReefRaider

Seaman Apprentice

I guess this is obvious, but make sure your existing plug (pan) has 1/2 - 20 threads or that won't work. Don't ask me how I know (I assumed the pan for my GM was standard, learned some pans can be metric).

haulnazz15

Captain

You can get that from mercstuff.com in several different thread sizes. I bought one, but unfortunately it's the wrong size, slightly too big for my 351.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

I also have one of those on my 454.

It WILL NOT fit through the transom drain though for gravity draining, so I clamped the end to port riser and just connect my vacuum "sucker" to it when I change the oil......

I can change it in or out of the water and I can drain it in 2 or 3 min flat, hot or cold!!

rad1026

Chief Petty Officer

I use this:

http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/

I don't like the hose in my bilge and this has a fool proof valve. I use it on my cars. Buy the one that has the N type Valve. When you want to drain your oil just slip a tube over the nipple, out your drain plug hole and flip the valve open. Works great! and a lot cheaper then the drain kits.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

I think most people would have to stand on their head in the bilge even to do that....I know I would....... With mine, I don't have to reach anywhere. It's clamped directly to the riser and I can reach it without even climbing into the boat.

It's even easier than the type that you have to push out the transom drain because you REALLY have to crawl in there to get a hold of that nasty oily filthy hose after it's been laying in the bilge!

All I do is remove the brass cap and hook up the vac and pump it several times...... You get all the oil because it is screwed into the same hole as the drain plug.