Anyone Not Winterised Yet ???

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Ours is all tucked up at the side of the garage wrapped in the tarp.
Going to hang some Christmas lights off the bow rails. Nothing else we can do with the boat over winter !!!

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Anyone Not Winterised Yet ???

Sadly she has been away for almost 2 months already.

The only good news is spring gets closer every day. :p

I figure we're 5.5 months away. Here's hoping the winter is gentle.

Cheers.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Winter in Canada sure sucks for us boaters eh !!!!

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I winterized the last weekend of October, but then it got unseasonably warm and I almost unwinterized her a few times in November.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I winterized the last weekend of October, but then it got unseasonably warm and I almost unwinterized her a few times in November.
Tempting is it not !!!!
Almost done that myself a few times.

Philthyphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Put Boat away in the driveshed in Oct. Bikes away end of Nov. Still gathering a few more parts for this winters Tiger project. Sled is ready to go!!! I love having fun with fossil fuel no matter what the season!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Put Boat away in the driveshed in Oct. Bikes away end of Nov. Still gathering a few more parts for this winters Tiger project. Sled is ready to go!!! I love having fun with fossil fuel no matter what the season!!

Phil,
How goes it ??? we will be up at Ahmic in July. Let's do the locks !!! and lunch / dinner....and a few beers afterwards (unless one of our children will drive the boat, then it could be a little earlier with the drinks !!!

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

my winterization is simple flip the switch to on for the engine room heaters. and keep boating all year long. we are heading out tomorrow for our annual new years trip to Seattle to watch the fireworks shoot off of the space needle.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

my winterization is simple flip the switch to on for the engine room heaters. and keep boating all year long. we are heading out tomorrow for our annual new years trip to Seattle to watch the fireworks shoot off of the space needle.

Alright for some !!!!:)
Our lakes are solid right now and unless you have an icebreaker you stay
home !!! Our boat is winterized and wrapped till spring.
Enjoy your trip. I am sure the rest of us are envious !!!

fishrdan

Admiral

Yup, just getting the project finished up and hope to be water testing it this weekend.

It's going to be a balmy 61* on Saturday :D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Yup, just getting the project finished up and hope to be water testing it this weekend.
It's going to be a balmy 61* on Saturday :D

Now you guys are really rubbing it in !!!:)

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just love the snow , the ice and the lack of sunlight here . You have to be crazy not too...

T-5 months a counting

Philthyphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Phil,
How goes it ??? we will be up at Ahmic in July. Let's do the locks !!! and lunch / dinner....and a few beers afterwards (unless one of our children will drive the boat, then it could be a little earlier with the drinks !!!

That sounds like a good idea, lunch in Burks and dinner on Ahmic Lake. Last may-june we built a much larger deck on our cottage, then it started raining.......you know the rest. I think my built in tank is the same size as yours, we only put three tanks through the boat!! I hope to put way more tanks of gas through my sled this winter, should be able to ride the trails next week......cheers

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

That sounds like a good idea, lunch in Burks and dinner on Ahmic Lake. Last may-june we built a much larger deck on our cottage, then it started raining.......you know the rest. I think my built in tank is the same size as yours, we only put three tanks through the boat!! I hope to put way more tanks of gas through my sled this winter, should be able to ride the trails next week......cheers

Sounds great Phil. I will let you know the exact dates as soon as I know them.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I do have to apologize Ken as I was wrong, it's going to be 62* Saturday.... :D

Funny !!!
Hope all went well and you had a great time.
I am currently watching hockey with the gas fireplace flickering flames at me and a couple of beers to help me concentrate on the game !!!
It is about - 16 C outside.:eek::(:eek:
That's pretty warm compared to some parts of Canada but it's cold enough for me right now !!!
Windchill is not added to the above temperature.

scott93004

Recruit

Not Yet! Here in Southern California, I had to shovel about 6" of sunshine off the dock just to get to the boat! New Years day was 77 degrees with mild winds. No rest for the boat! :p