extra belly tank ????

rbrown053

Seaman Apprentice
i am the start of a resto on a 88 trophy 1710 i thinking of adding a second belly tank a 12 gallon i have a 30 gallon in the belly now. want to know if this might upset the balance of the boat or and make the boat over weight, and would i have to add extar stringer supports fro the extra weight. first boat and first resto need as much info as i can, or a got point in the right direction.i will tri to post some picks as i go

Azonic

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: extra belly tank ????

if you can get the tank close to your original one, balance should be fine..
Place it forward of the old tank either way...

Why do you "need/want" that much fuel on board?

rbrown053

Seaman Apprentice

well reson being is the lake we go to on the weekends has on fuel at it and we stay for 2 nights and i dont like haveing to pull out and drive 5 mikle back up the road to refuel and i can usauly burn through 25 gallons on the frist day pully my 4 kids around.once u run out on the other side of the lake more than once with 4 kids i dont want to do that again

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

I carry 40 gallons into canada when i go fishing on a 16 foot 75hp motor. gas is available 35 minutes from where we stay and about 2 dollars more a gallon

Azonic

Petty Officer 1st Class

I class that as a "need" level...

I forget that with my 35 running all day on $0.25 of fuel :eek: that others have much bigger motors with bigger thirst!

rbrown053

Seaman Apprentice

i know at 3$ a gallon 30g is almost a 100.00 to fill up and oil too that is at the store close to the lake its cheaper by the house i would rather pull 40 gallons that buy it their. thanks for the input think i am going to add the extra tank.

Bondo

Staff member

i thinking of adding a second belly tank a 12 gallon i have a 30 gallon in the belly now.

Ayuh,... I would think carrying an extra 15gal.s in jerry cans would much Easier,+ no doubt Cheaper...

you probably don't have the Space you think you do under the deck on a 17' boat anyways...