Where Did you hear about this Place

Where Did you hear about this Place

• Searching for PARTS.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Googleling around Google.com

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Friend Told me about it

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • . I just woke up one day and type in the website :-)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class
MOD.. i know i know... this question is not made for this Section. but if i post this somewhere els. then most likely people on this Section of the forum will not be able to see it..

come on.. this is the section of the forum i always check. no where els. beside i have question about GPS or Electrical problem.

Ok.. back to the topic..

How to heard find this FORUM?

as for me.. i found it on Google.com. i was searching for OMC parts and IBoats.com show up... at first i thougth it was just a forum that has alot of thread but with not much of a help or take forever to reply to any of my question. but i was wrong. a few hours later someone help me out.

this is why i got HOOKED in here..

you know how everyone check there mail. to see if there is mail??

well i check this Section of the forum everyday just like if i was checking my mail..

if i find a question i got an idea or answer for. i just post it..

just wanted to say... COOL FORUMm

nlain

Commander
Re: Where Did you hear about this Place

I am not sure how I found this place, just glad I did. I think I was searching for parts and iboats.com came up in the search and I got the forum from there.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

For me it was googleing for parts I think, bought some parts than noticed the forums page liked what I read because nobody was putting anyone down and strangers were helping each other and I was hooked.

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

googling for info on a boat motor that was not running, glad I did,Now member of the Starcraft cult :eek::D

sfy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Google...searching for pontoon parts, found the forum, and added it to the list of forums i am in. at last count i have this, 2 fishing forums, 2 forums for Test Drive Unlimited (a computer game) and 2 NBA related forums

also a forum related to paranormal activity

in here, the "SHT" board got me hooked,so many pages of stuff i have done,or will eventually do

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

Googling for wiring diagrams then I bookmarked this site. Now I'm on here most days!

No other boating forums even come close to iboats in content.

TilliamWe

Banned

Option not listed:

Other boat forum. That's how I found iboats.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

I was looking for hands on info on the then new Etec.
Iboats was the only place I found any.

f_inscreenname

Commander

I would love to say that me, DonS, JB, Bondo and a few other were sitting a bar talking about Bayliners one day but that ain't how it happened.:D To be honest there was that much on the web back then but this forum had a couple thousand members. That was a lot and I had to join. I didnt even know they sold parts for the first couple years.

pecheux

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was just searching internet (via google I guess) for information on Force outboard motor. Got more feedback than I bargained for ... LOL Cant live without this forum no more ... LOL

ReelPlumber

Seaman

Googled Robalo Boats. This is a nice site with very little BS. Thanks

pduquette

Ensign

Actually I'd credit Mark42 with leading me here . Took a long while to stop lurking and sign up ----Oops ! Sorry mark - guess I asked you first if you minded me blowing the whistle on you !! lol ! peter

Tyme2fish

Commander

Google about a motor alarm question.

I received an answer stat and have been a member ever since.:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Myself I was googling a question, most likely "How to install starter on boat"

I had a 200.00 POS boat that was well..a POS and I had no clue what I was doing, I even bought an automotive starter just to see if I could get her started, boy Bond O was nice enough to educate me on that in his usual "Ayuh...If ya wanna blow yerself up" manner..lol;)

I have made many long (and not so long) distance friends on here..I think I'd go nuts if I was unable to log in for more than a few hours..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I googled for info on a new repower for my Boston Whaler. That was in 2001.

puddle jumper

Captain

Looking for information on my Spectrum with a Force engine on it. Keep coming back for the interesting subjects and even more interesting points of view. Plus all the great "mostly " honest advice people give.:)

Bondo

Staff member

I would love to say that me, DonS, JB, Bondo and a few other were sitting a bar talking about Bayliners one day

Ayuh,... That was about OMC Stringer powered Bilgeliners wasn't it,..?? :D :D
boy Bond O was nice enough to educate me on that in his usual "Ayuh...If ya wanna blow yerself up" manner..

And I thought iboat's Posters were like my ole Lady,... Never actually Listenin'.....

I stumbled across iboats back when I was 1st gettin' into Forums in general,+ Boating forums in particular... Really don't remember exactly How I found it...
I had been posting over at an Unnamed competitor, but the posters over there were more into 25',+ Up boats...Ocean going no less..

When I found iboats, JB,+ Trent were My Heros,...
JB for his plain ole Common Sense,+ Trent because I thought he had Every boating reference saved to his favorites file...

Our membership #s used to be on our posts,+ I figured at #8448,... I'd always just be another of the Many....
Little did I know, That here I am 7 years later, the #4 poster(in count, not knowledge:D), with Many close Friends, ALL over the World....

Ayuh,... Thank you iboats,+ Thank you to All my Friends here.......;)

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I found it one day while looking for a boat cover.About 5 covers and 4 boats later i'm still here...:D
Great bunch of people here....Much better than any other forum i have looked at.