16' Nescher ski boat complete restore- SPLASHED!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore- SPLASHED!!

I got the sea ray "punch list" cleaned up tonight...the only thing I need to do is pull out the xm dock tomorrow. After that she is ready to sell. I should be back on Miss Morgan tomorrow afternoon....I have a lot to get done on her including cleaning her up from last weekends lake trip! Here are a couple of items on my list...

1. new spark plugs
  2. check the running voltage with a meter to make sure it isn't the gauge
  3. try to figure out why the new trim sender and gauge aren't getting along....its like one is speaking English and the other is speaking German!
  4. install the permanent gas tank, going in the back for now. I think it will work fine, if not it will move to the front. I figure you have to start somewhere!
  5. finish up installing the ski pylon
  6. clean up a bunch of wiring
  7. add the gas tank gauge
  8. move the xm antenna....doesn't work well where I have it.

Oh and wax her....and about 30 other things I'm forgetting right now!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
Glad to hear you will be starting a new thread. You might be around when I finish mine. :D:p
I have to wait another week before I get to do any work on her. Real work is getting in the way. :(
Take care
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

that sucks Bob....but I can kind of relate, one of my clients gave me homework for tomorrow...hopefully it won't take too long!

BigBoatinOkie

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I speak a little German if you need me to translate. Just let me know. Haben Sie einen angenehmen abend Archbuilder. Whoa, did you get that.:eek:

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
It does stink, but it is, what it is. I Just found out an hour or two before I headed home.
Keep yours going I need something to read.:D
Take care.
Bob

bacafrog

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Arch, we are usually around Highway 9 by the Longview area. Though we have been known to go to the cove by Eufaula. I plan on exploring more of the lake when i get down there this year.

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

3. try to figure out why the new trim sender and gauge aren't getting along....its like one is speaking English and the other is speaking German!

Hey Arch,

Don't know if what you mean by speaking German is that the gauge goes the wrong way as you trim the motor? If that's the case, then you got yourself a trim gauge for a JohnRude instead of one for a Mercury. The trim sensor for a JohnRude goes up in resistance while the one for Mercury goes down or vice-versa. I can't remember, but anyway their reversed from each other. This is the only thing incompatible between the gauge sets for each one.

-- Jeff

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks Jeff that is the problem, I was wondering if that was the issue. I had read there was a difference, but wasn't sure what the difference was. Thanks!

Frog, I'm down on the Dam end of the lake, you should come down there sometime.....there are a lot of nice areas to hang out. I'm usually at the island or skiing in a cove on the east side. There is a nice marina at evergreen and a not so nice one a Porum. (all they have is gas and slips).

bacafrog

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I will have to check that out Arch. Have not gotten that far on the lake yet. Now that we have our own boat I hope to learn a lot more about the lake. Just warning you though, my boat doesn't look all that great, but what it lacks in appearance it makes up for in function. I doubt it would be hard to find Miss Morgan on the lake with that shiny paint job and that black tower hanging off the back.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Trust me I have had plenty of "functional" boats.....Miss Morgan does seem to get plenty of attention, Women!

BigBoatinOkie

Hey guys, I was thinking about buying this boat on craigslist. What do yall think. Seems like a good boat. The only thing is, the guy selling it says the upholstery is "serviceable" which to me is code for "sucks". I don't know, the price might be a little steep also.
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/boa/1788300079.html

lol-049.gif

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I have no idea why I put up with you guys......I'm going to pull one of BBO's plug wires this summer when he isn't looking....."gee I wonder what that miss is all about".......:D

BigBoatinOkie

Just wipe your feet before you get in. Don't make a mess on my brand new upholstery and carpet. :D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

no problem....you maybe missing some beer too!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I managed to get back to Miss Morgan this afternoon. It was 91 by the way tallCanadian and humid.....I was wishing I was at the lake! I installed the ski pylon, now all I need is a limit switch to keep Max from head butting it so to speak.

IMG_0371.jpg

Naturally I had to go to Ace for a drill bit.....never fails. Let me know if you need to borrow a 5/8 HSS drill bit! I also love how the manufacturer says ,"just drill a 1/4" hole through the round tube". Ok first of all drilling anything that is round is pain...then throw in harder than hell 304 stainless. Anyhow its done.

IMG_0373.jpg

I also got the pinstripe on, so looks like I have run out of excuses to wax her!

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Here is a shot of the somewhat dirty interior. The rounded corners on the seat bases were worth the time, they work great!

IMG_0376.jpg

I looked at installing a 12 gallon tank in the back....didn't work, surprise surprise.....so I'm thinking I may just stick with the portable tanks this season and modify things next fall. I can see a custom tank coming into play.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
At least the ski pylon and the interior look great.
The weather at your house sounds the same as here. 90 + and extremely humid. I still take it over the cold days of winter.
Great pic's arch.
Bob

BigBoatinOkie

Looks good my friend. The pylon turned out quite nice. Speaker boxes look good too.

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

The ski pylon looks great arch! I agree with the hitch pins in those posts. You got em in the top and bottom so the middle shouldn't matter either, especially if it speeds up break down.

So is that what was wrong with max- he just needed new plugs?

Jacket4life

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys, I was thinking about buying this boat on craigslist. What do yall think. Seems like a good boat. The only thing is, the guy selling it says the upholstery is "serviceable" which to me is code for "sucks". I don't know, the price might be a little steep also.
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/boa/1788300079.html

lol-049.gif

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT took me about 10 seconds to get it, then I spit tea all over my screen!!!!!!!!!!

That is TOO funny. YOu gotta admit that's funny, arch. That's funny and I don't care who you are!

Wow. Serviceable code for sucks...Holy crap that is funny....

Maybe we should add this to the Craigslist definitions over at the SHT while boating thread!!