What is this on the OMC 460...?

lekmedm

Seaman
While browsing through the used boat listings on iboats I came across basically the same boat I have with the OMC 460, but a year older. Anyway, I was wondering what this is bolted to the starboard riser that I have circled in red. Any ideas? I don't have it on my boat. In that general area I have the shift cables for forward and reverse.

OMC460.jpg

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What is this on the OMC 460...?

Basically, it's a box of wiring. Those push buttons have circiut breakers and wiring inside that box.

lekmedm

Seaman

Hmmm... Interesting... I wonder what those wires control...

So, Don, do you think the gear shift cables and shift interrupter mechanism are behind the riser, and we can't see all that in this picture?

Bondo

Staff member

Hmmm... Interesting... I wonder what those wires control...

So, Don, do you think the gear shift cables and shift interrupter mechanism are behind the riser, and we can't see all that in this picture?

Ayuh,.. You can see it at the top of your circle...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There is a lot you can't see from just a single picture like that. Including things like what drive does it have. Could be the King with the shift cone and no ESA and shift interrupt system. Also don't know what year, or why the lower shift cable is on the wrong side.
What you need is an OMC expert.