1995 mercury black max I NEED HELP

FritoBandito

Seaman Apprentice
i have a 95 mercury black max i pump the bulb until it gets filled with gas then i try turning on the engine but it wont turn on. gas flows through the line. but i check the spark plugs and they have no gas, so i fill each hole where the spark plugs go in with gas and the engine cranks right up i need to know whats the problem A.S.AP :confused:

sschefer

Rear Admiral
Re: 1995 mercury black max I NEED HELP

i have a 95 mercury black max i pump the bulb until it gets filled with gas then i try turning on the engine but it wont turn on. gas flows through the line. but i check the spark plugs and they have no gas, so i fill each hole where the spark plugs go in with gas and the engine cranks right up i need to know whats the problem A.S.AP :confused:

Does this engine have carberators or is it fuel injected?

"G"

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bulb check valve isn't working well or at all? If it never gets "hard" it may be the problem.
Check by squeezing the bulb holding it and pinching off the hose. Hold the squeezed off hose release the bulb and squeeze it again. Repeat that process. OR.... just buy a new bulb and insure you install it correctly.

FritoBandito

Seaman Apprentice

i need to try to get it fixed this week im supposed to out this weekend :mad:

FritoBandito

Seaman Apprentice

I will try that now do you think that it can be the that the fuel pump is not working? Please help

Really Old Guy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

What 'G' said.
If the bulb is 'soft' when pumped, there is most likely a small
hole in the line. In order for the fuel pump to work, the fuel
line can not have any 'leaks', no matter how small.
You need to do what 'G' suggested, then look for
your leak.;)

sschefer

Rear Admiral

I will try that now do you think that it can be the that the fuel pump is not working? Please help
Biggest troubleshooting mistake you can make is speculation. If you convince yourself it's something without performing the proper test procedures you can easily dismiss a much simpler solution.:)

I challenge anyone, anywhere to dispute that statement.;)

j_martin

Admiral

Biggest troubleshooting mistake you can make is speculation. If you convince yourself it's something without performing the proper test procedures you can easily dismiss a much simpler solution.:)

I challenge anyone, anywhere to dispute that statement.;)

No challenge, just this addition. Fuel delivery problems on a Merc V6 is probably the quickest way to burn it down and make an anchor out of it. Do the troubleshooting and fix it right.

hope it helps
John

j_martin

Admiral

I wonder where Frito went while we preach to the choir?