1990 Prototype Bass Boat

nscvol

Cadet
Hey everyone. Just bought a 1990 Prototype Bass Boat from a friend of a friend. He claims the boat was made by Crist Craft in 1990 as a Prototype but was never manufactured.. Claims also that the design was sold to Bullet. There are no markings on this thing anywhere, no VIN, nothing! I do have the registration, and it does not give the make on the reg...The engine is a Merc 150 Serial # is 5577965, but have been unsuccessful tracking down any info on this also. No listing on Merc's web site.

? Anyone know anything about either the boat or engine? Thanks

Willyclay

Captain
Re: 1990 Prototype Bass Boat

Never seen a boat registration that did not have manufacturer including homemade and some sort of serial number on it even in the days before HIN's. Maybe the state office that issues registrations will provide you the history of that one for some possible clues. The motor is a 1980/1981 according to what I can find at the link below:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=264123

Good luck!

nscvol

Cadet

Thanks for the help! Didn't like hearing that motor was that old, but... Oh well, the boat looks great and had a lot of extra's... Plus I got it for a song! So all in all, I guess I didn't do too bad... We'll see when I got to register it though! :)

dade61782

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This post is worthless without photos