I'v got a question about my Magnum fish and ski

wtxpatrick

Seaman Apprentice
I bought a 75 16' magnum fish and ski, powered by an Evinrude 70. Clean as a whistle and runs like it is show room new. Problem is, when it is planed out, there is a V shaped rooster tail shooting straight out and slightly forward, symmetrical, and the boat is catching a little water from it. 2 different trim settings made no difference. Not a bad problem, tolerable,but something I would prefer to fix. Has anyone seen this before ?

Thanx

Patrick

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: I'v got a question about my Magnum fish and ski

Does it have a hydrofoil on the lower unit? Batwings? Doelfin? This has manual trim? Just wanted to get these questions out of the way.

BTW, welcome aboard :)

Bondo

Staff member

Problem is, when it is planed out, there is a V shaped rooster tail shooting straight out and slightly forward, symmetrical, and the boat is catching a little water from it.

Ayuh,... Something is dragging in the water causing it,...
LOOK to see what it is....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Perhaps your motor is mounted a tad too low. Where's your anti-cavitation plate in regards to the keel?

wtxpatrick

Seaman Apprentice

Does it have a hydrofoil on the lower unit? Batwings? Doelfin? This has manual trim? Just wanted to get these questions out of the way.

IT does not have any type of hydrfoil or dolefin on it, that is down the road. I have been getting in after dark and unable to check the cavitation plate height against the hull. And yes, it is manual trim, I sure miss the power tilt and trim. I did notice that nothing was bent or out of the ordinary on the transom or motor. I will have time this weekend and will post pics as I can.

Thanx for the help guys.
Patrick

QC

Supreme Mariner

IT does not have any type of hydrfoil or dolefin on it, that is down the road.
If it did, I was going to suggest chucking it far far away . . . ;)