Time To Get Out Of Dodge!

Woodyq

Seaman
Well our boating season ended a few weeks ago up here and in eight days I head back to beautiful Ft Myers, Florida to re-start the season.

Non perishables are packed, boat trailer tires, bearings, straps etc are all double checked. Truck is serviced and we are pretty much ready to go, final packing next Thursday for an early Friday departure. Plan on taking it easy so should arrive Ft Myers Sunday early afternoon.

Yesss!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Time To Get Out Of Dodge!

......seething with jealousy.....

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

......seething with jealousy.....

I would be, but I don't like to drive.;)

Now, if I had a boat already there and could fly in...:D

One of these years, I too will have the same problem.:rolleyes:

Drive safe and have a good wint, um, er, extended summer.:p

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Whats the drive time pulling the boat?
rob

Tyme2fish

Commander

I'm experiencing some envy here. Hope your trip is safe and uneventful.

Woodyq

Seaman

Whats the drive time pulling the boat?
rob

Drive time, with boat, is app 24-25 hours. First stop will be north of Atlanta, second stop will be in or a little south of Lake City, FL. This will allow for an early arrival in Ft Myers the next day. I will drop off the boat at the RV Park, go get the RV from the storage compound, put it on the site and hopefully be organized enough to order in a pizza for dinner!!!!!

American Sand Sculpting Championship (on Ft Myers Beach) is the first weekend in November, second weekend is the Annual Ft Myers Boat Show and the Plant City Pig Fest (huge BBQ Contest) is also in November.

Not that I am looking forward to being there!!!!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Your timing is excellent. The weather finally broke and it's absolutely GORGEOUS here now! Have a safe trip. :)

dwco5051

Commander

The Loony is now worth about .95 american, no VAT, cheap gas, cheap beer, warm weather, two boating seasons a year. I don't have time to envy you, too busy shoveling snow clearing downed trees, and bringing in my Winter firewood :)

Have a great trip and winter season.

And-Con

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ehh i don't know whether to welcome you or cry; I'm down here year round and once ya'll start getting here our roads are packed, I think our winter population has to be close to double summer. That being said I was on Charlotte Harbor (left from Bokeelia) this afternoon and it was amazing, enjoy your stay, and help keep our waters clean.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Can you pick me up on the way past ???? You are almost passing my doorstep.

4JawChuck

Chief Petty Officer

Hang a left towards Thunder Bay and I can meet you there, I can go halfers on the gas!:D

My boat is under cover, engine fogged and battery's on the pulse charger for their winter top-up. It was hard to put it away since we had such nice weather the day I did the chore but I don't relish doing the job at -10 and digging it out of a snowbank so...:(

Had to suck out 40 litres of fuel and put it in the van...sigh.
I hate doing that.:mad:

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

It's actually the Plant City Pig JAM and it's Nov 20-21. It's also a KCBS sanctioned event so I'd say it'll be good.(no pun intended)

JLEE08

Cadet

stop in Ocala,fl and i'll get my boat out and we can go catch some :D REDS!!! :D, we can go to the barge canal, catch dinner and have a fish fry before you go...hope you have fun.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Don't forget your SNOWBIRD t-shirt ;)

wellsc1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Up North boats get pickled for the winter. Down here I hope for a cold snap to entice the spotted sea trout up the river. One year it was like fishing in a bowl, trolling through what we discovered to be a "honey hole." Absent a cold snap, we fish any time I can get away from work for 3 or more day weekend to stay on houseboat.