need help identifing glastron

newbi199

Cadet
i just brought this boat and can't find any info on this model. the boat is a 1989 glastron 199 with a cabin and wide hull also has a merc 4.3 liter and alfa 1 drive.
heres the vin#giac0053h889 if that helps. If anyone has any info Iwould really appreciate it.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 0

jt185

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: need help identifing glastron

I googled the model number and there were a couple cuddy cabin boats for sale but they were not 89. What kind of info are you looking to find? With all the knowledge on this website, I can't imagine they're stumped on this one. I'm very new to boating so not much help. For what it's worth, that looks like a great boat. What king of shape is it in? Floor, stringers, transom, motor r outdrive need work? There is a ton of info in the restoration threads. Good luck man!

Kainon

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like a Bayliner.. I know the newer glastrons have GLA as the first 3 letters, don't know what GIAC is.. Can you take a picture of it, or a rubbing maybe will help if it's not clear.

newbi199

Cadet

im sorry it is GLA. look on the internet for info and or reviews on this model cant find anything

red rooster

Recruit

I need a little help too. I just bought to the best of my knowledge as far as the year goes a 1973 gt 150 with the oranga and white paint scheme what i want to know is if it is a carlson hw ow do you tell? Boat needs an overhaul new transom, floor and some fiberglass work as well as a windshield and the list goes on.

kevman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

^ I would recommend starting a new thread with your question.