Horn wiring

dadoftim

Cadet
OK, I found the horn it was in the control box and as I suspected it was disconnected. The purple wires where still connected and the tan wire was easy it plugged into the empty spade connector on the horn. But, the black wire with the round screw hole, it doesn't show on the wiring diagram. I grounded it to the control box and now the horn chirps when the key is turned on and with the key on and grounding the tan temp sensor wire the horn sounds continuously. I think I got it, but would like a second opinion. Thanks

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Horn wiring

Sounds like you got it. Grounding the black wire is correct. Makes you wonder why it was disconnected.

dadoftim

Cadet
Re: Horn wiring

Yes, I won't really know why they disconnected the horn, I have run it all summer (at least 50 gals of gas) so it can't have been the VRO not working or it would have been toast, or the high temp sensor for that matter either.
The only thing I can think of is the prevous owner had a Tempo plastic tank that I replaced with a couple of OMC steel tanks and a new fuel hose. At least I will have the trouble codes now if I still have a problem. Other wise it run fine a little cold blooded but good power at WOT and it will troll at idle all day and scoot when you hit the trottle. Well I will put it back together and finish up the PM and tarp it till next spring.
Thanks