I've crossed over to the other side

trucktramp

Cadet
Well, I've finally done it. I broke down and bought a tinny. I found a 75 Starcraft Islander that is in great shape for $2000 with electronics and full rigging for Great Lakes fishing. Apparently, the guy just wanted out. I still have my old Winner project boat for smaller lakes too. I guess I now have the best of both worlds. Too bad I'm going to have to wait until warmer weather to christen the tinny.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Re: I've crossed over to the other side

Well, I've finally done it. I broke down and bought a tinny. I found a 75 Starcraft Islander that is in great shape for $2000 with electronics and full rigging for Great Lakes fishing. Apparently, the guy just wanted out. I still have my old Winner project boat for smaller lakes too. I guess I now have the best of both worlds. Too bad I'm going to have to wait until warmer weather to christen the tinny.

Awesome! Now we need pictures!! :D

boomer2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats. It must be nice to be rich.... :D

Bondo

Staff member

Too bad I'm going to have to wait until warmer weather to christen the tinny.

Ayuh,... That's Great,.... Now you've got All winter to replace the rotten wood....

I bought a 74 about 12/ 14 years ago,+ had to do the same...
Transom, decking,+ bulkheads...

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

trucktramp .... make sure you come check us out in the starcraft forum. lots of tin guys there

Rickairmedic

Commander

Trucktramp welcome to the darkside come on over to the Starcraft section and show us some pictures so we can get you in The Starcraft club and get you ready for the 2010 get together we are planning Tin Stock :D.

Rick

trucktramp

Cadet

Ayuh,... That's Great,.... Now you've got All winter to replace the rotten wood....

I bought a 74 about 12/ 14 years ago,+ had to do the same...
Transom, decking,+ bulkheads...

Actually, the deck is fresh. No soft spots that I have found. I haven't had a chance to check the transom out but if it needs replaced it doesn't seem like it would take an advanced degree in astro physics or rocket science to figure out how to replace it. But I could be wrong.

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Where from ?
How many feet long is an islander ?

Bondo

Staff member

How many feet long is an islander ?

Ayuh,... Mine is the 221, which is about 21/ 22'....