deck lighting

pkrainert

Petty Officer 2nd Class
what kind of lights are you guys using? The only lights I have are the ones required to run at night lol, I want to install some on my boat so I can see what the hell im doing at night. It would be nice when I am trying to re bait my hooks. I was thinking i could install a few lights under the cap that way you wouldn't see them and they would shine down twords the deck.

witenite0560

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: deck lighting

I found some little round LED lights on E-bay. They are about 2" in diameter and each contain 5 LEDs. They have about 24" of wire and sticky back foam tape on the back to mount them. I put one under the gunwhale on each side, one under the dash and one back in the battery compartment. They draw very little and light up the interior quite well. I did find it worked better to get some more mounting tape and double the thickness because the wires are just about as thick as the tape and unless you have a really flat surface it won't get a good all around bond. I think they were $7 each.

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I picked up 5 LED'd at our local wally world this summer in the boai=ting section. They have 3 or 4 led's in each light. requires a 2'' hole to mount. 12 volt and lights everything up real nice. Cost around $5.00 each

walt-oxie1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I run the 12 volt fluorescent drop lights that saftlite makes. I have them mounted on overhead poles in all my work boats (commercial fishing). They are bright, dependable and draw very little amperage.

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

5253_238294220354_859895354_8001798_4317287_n.jpg

Got them off ebay, flexible "SMT Blue LEDs"

Knightgang

Lieutenant

Search the forums for Deck Lighting and/or Boat lighting. I saw one here not too long ago about the subject and some where buying LED rope lights and installing them inder the gunnals... Where not to expensive either. Could get varying lengths and could be shortened in sections if needed for a custom fit...came in different colors as well. Maybe someone remebers it and can post it here...

moonfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I ordered some of these
http://www.oznium.com/superflux-boat-leds

They look just like http://www.bluewaterled.com/catalogdetails.php?id=11 but they're only $3 instead of 8.

The pigtails are kind of short. They're chained together if you buy more than one of a color and you can cut the 3" of wire in half or whatever.

I also ordered some of http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-floodlight and they would mount in a round hole with some glue instead of surface mounting.

I don't have a long term report but I thought I'd throw out a cheap source.