Carb - Need a picture of valve seat and needle - 1987 Rude 90HP

bang4dabuck

Petty Officer 1st Class
This is my first time I have rebuilt any carb in my life. I need to know about the spring on the needle:

1) How are they attached to the needle. I know they hook on but the other end is it supposed to sit on top of the needle or folded under the head of needle ?

2) How should the SPRING be situated ? Center of float ? Slot of valve seat (around 7 0'clock ... tried to change but always comes up at 7(ish) ) ? ???

3) Are these springs reusable ? I lost a new one but have my old one. I'd rather buy a few new ones but can't find them on the parts breakdown.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Carb - Need a picture of valve seat and needle - 1987 Rude 90HP

This is my first time I have rebuilt any carb in my life. I need to know about the spring on the needle:

1) How are they attached to the needle. I know they hook on but the other end is it supposed to sit on top of the needle or folded under the head of needle ?

2) How should the SPRING be situated ? Center of float ? Slot of valve seat (around 7 0'clock ... tried to change but always comes up at 7(ish) ) ? ???

3) Are these springs reusable ? I lost a new one but have my old one. I'd rather buy a few new ones but can't find them on the parts breakdown.

Can't find a decent picture, but don't try to complicate it. The clip simply snaps into the groove on the needle. There is really only one way it can go. Then the "finger" of the clip hooks over the side of the float arm. It will hold the needle to the float arm when hooked.

The purpose of the clip is to drag the needle off the seat when the float drops down. It will all make perfect sense when assembled.

bang4dabuck

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't have it with me but I think I get the picture. Those clips ever slip off the arm ?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

If it is clipped on the needle properly and installed on the float arm properly it cannot slip off the arm.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Click the thumbnail.

Attachments

• Float Valve Clip 2.JPG
    Float Valve Clip 2.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 0

bang4dabuck

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks.

Can I only get these clips from marine store ? Do I have to buy the whole valve seat assembly ?