2002Yamaha 150 Saltwater Series just quit

jb1

Seaman Apprentice
Motor just quit as I was slowing down. No spark. Kill button is working fine. Anyone have any wiring diagrams on the CDI for this engine they are willing to share. Would like to do some trouble shooting before I have to bring it in. It's getting fuel to plugs.

Thanks

jb1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 2002Yamaha 150 Saltwater Series just quit

Thanks much for the response.

jb1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 2002Yamaha 150 Saltwater Series just quit -UPdate

Re: 2002Yamaha 150 Saltwater Series just quit -UPdate

Update on my troubleshooting. Engine has spark. Checked fuel system upto the inlet of the fuel separator / high pressure fuel pump. Disconnected outlet hose from HP fuel pump that goes to the fuel rail. Put on some clear hose and turned on key. NO FUEL from pump. Checked and saw 12 VDC on terminals of pump. Have I found that the HP fuel pump is bad or am I still missing something?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2002Yamaha 150 Saltwater Series just quit

how are you testing this?
the red at the pump or brown on the engine side has a constant 12+ anytime the key is on, the ground path is completed by and through the ECU.
the pump is also a 2 stage pump, below about 1200 RPM the pump runs through a resistor mounted above the throttle body and drops pump voltage to about 9 volts.
above about 1200 RPM the ground path is through and by the ECU.
with the key on and the blue pump wire dissconected test for 12V between the red pump lead,still hooked to the harness bullet connector, and ground.
if 12V is present use a jumper between the pump blue lead and the engine block, pump should whine.
if the above checks out and the pump wont whine odds are the pump failed.