Starcraft Cuddy Cabin???

dandsphillips08

Seaman Apprentice
Around 2002 or 2003 me and my stepdad had a older 60's or 70's model starcraft cuddy cabin? I am looking to find one like the one we had. We traded it to a guy in Charlotte NC. It was around 22 feet long. It had blue bottom paint, white sides and a blue sky blue top. It sat on a black tandem axle trailer. It had a four cylinder inboard with a OMC outdrive. If anybody knows where a boat is like this please let me know. Thanks...

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Starcraft Cuddy Cabin???

Dan sounds like a Starchief or an Islander . What part of the world are you in we have guys here that search Craigslist constantly all over the country looking for Starcrafts . I know theres been one on my Local Craigslist from time to time recently.

Rick

dandsphillips08

Seaman Apprentice

hey im from the upstate of south carolina. Ive been looking for about a year and i have found some cuddys but the one that we had you drove from behind the cabin and the cabin windows are around 18 inches tall and about four feet long.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Dan did it look like this or was the roofline a little lower .

3921112635_09888d2dc3.jpg

Rick

dandsphillips08

Seaman Apprentice

yes it was something like that, but the cabin was longer and it was the inboard type..

Huron Angler

Admiral

Sounds like a hardtop 22' Islander...they made them in outboard and I/O as the pic from the brochure shows. Excellent boats, I would love to have one for the great lakes someday, first I need to buy some property and build a pole barn though:D

If you do end up getting it there are people on this site that can walk you through any problems you need to work on:)

dandsphillips08

Seaman Apprentice

ok thank you so much. If anybody out there has an Islander, im definatly interested in buying it. Price doesnt really matter, neither does condition...

Huron Angler

Admiral

ok thank you so much. If anybody out there has an Islander, im definatly interested in buying it. Price doesnt really matter, neither does condition...

What area are you in? We can help find a gem of an old islander but you shouldn't have to pay more than $2000 if you want to find one that needs some work.

There are plenty of Islander available due to fear of ridiculous gasoline prices. They have been listed in my area for $1200-$2000 quite a bit. If you want one in pristine running condition of course that will cost more, when I look at boats I always want to buy one that is in rough shape to get a good deal since I enjoy the work;)

Check craigslist and you'll find the listings.:) Also don't limit your search too much you might need to drive a little to pick one up depending on where you live(they are all over the great lakes region in vast numbers:D).

Huron Angler

Admiral

Here is a VERY nice looking Islander that is all rigged up for great lakes fishing with downriggers. Pretty pricey but looks like it may be worth it from the pics:D
http://porthuron.craigslist.org/boa/1353023511.html
I know, I know, I have a Starcraft Islander obsession:rolleyes: But iboats is the only starcraft support group that I've been able to find LOL

3k93o33pc5O35S55R299199a1f562b92b1e94.jpg

3m23p53o75Od5R55S8991c8dd49f784f51c8b.jpg

3nb3k53m25O65Qe5Sb9910261720964a41557.jpg

3m63p13l65Pb5R55S799153739d550aa61661.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL HA we are a bad support group our 12 step program involves buying multiple boats :eek:.

Rick

dandsphillips08

Seaman Apprentice

thank you angler...I am currently in Korea but my wife is in the states, and if i find a boat that i like ill just send my step-dad the money and he will go pick it up for me. I will be in Virginia in Febuary. But like i said if i find one i like im going to get it..

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You can use a site like http://crazedlist.org/ to search multiple craigslist sites at once. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding one. I've seen them pop up a few times in my search for a Starcraft SuperSport.

If you get a Starcraft and are going to be in VA hopefully you'll consider joining us at Lake Anna in June for TinStock.