Macerator not working

nightsticker

Recruit
I have a Maxum year 2000 3000SCR. The helm is on the starboard side and the macerator switches are on the bulkhead near the deck by the Captains seat. When I push the two buttons simultaneously nothing happens. I checked the circuit breakers underneath the stering wheel but nothing seems tripped. Is there another breaker somewhere that I cannot find. i know the regulations of pump out and dumping. I just want to ensure all systems are operable.

Thanks

Joe

steve201

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Macerator not working

well...have a second person operate the two switches and you get into the engine bay with a screw driver...make sure the hull valve is open...and at the end of the pump is a place to put the flat bladed screwdriver into it...insert the driver and turn it...it may just be jammed....then have someone operate the pump....if you have a vo meter..check the connections to make sure your getting pwr...if not...then you have an open circuit some place..there's no other breakers for the pump...
if your getting 12vdc at the pump..then the pump is bad if you can't clear the jam...

Steve