Florida Get Together 2010 OFFICIAL NOTICE make your reservations!!!!!

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Florida Get Together 2010 OFFICIAL NOTICE make your reservations!!!!!

I picked up my new boat in Crystal River yesterday. While I was out on a sea trial, my wife saw you cruise by at Pete's Pier. I see you made it home safely.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Greetings Dave, how are you? So in addition to your tinny you have another one? What did you get? Any pics? We love pics...!

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Greetings Dave, how are you? So in addition to your tinny you have another one? What did you get? Any pics? We love pics...!

Rick

We got a Cape Cruiser, Venture 23. C-Dory sued Cape Cruiser out of existence. Mine is from the same mold as their Venture 23 model. I have all the goodies, a Honda 150 and radar. I have only been out a couple of hours, but what a sweet boat.

We most likely won't be attending the 2010 Get Together. We are going to be starting the Great Loop in March when I retire.

mitch h

Cadet

Hi all. Been reading your forum for a few years now so we finely join in on the fun. I think we are going see if we can join in on your trip to Crystal Isle. If we do ,we will come down the weekend before. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. Mitch & Ida

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Welcome Aboard Mitch & Ida!!!!

Look forward to meeting ya!

nlain

Commander

Welcome aboard Mitch and Ida, hope to see you there, go ahead and make your reservations now so you will have a spot locked down at CI, if you can't make it you can always cancel later.

nlain

Commander

Everyone that is thinking about going to Crystal Isle go ahead and make your reservations there so you will have a spot locked in, if something happens and you cannot go you can always cancel later, I reserved mine and they have not charged my card yet like some places do. I know it is early and we are all in unsure times with jobs and money, I for one do not like to plan that far out but in this case I have to make sure I have a place to stay, cabin for me and there are not many of them. Come on gang lets do it. :)

Grumman59

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm new to the forum and only just saw this thread. Crystal Isles is just across from where my Florida home is located, on the other side of the Crystal River.

The whole area is a boater's and fisherman's paradise. Turn left out of the canal and you'll find Shell Island the Gulf. Turn right up the Crystal River and you come to Kings Bay, right in the center of town with all kinds of waterfront places to visit where you can probably moor up for a few hours, get a meal or drink.

There is also a large free public ramp with ample parking just down river from Crystal Isles.

Besides Crystal River, a visit to Homassassa Springs just to the south of there would be worthwhile and also Inverness amongst the lakes to the east. And quaint little Yankeetown is just north of there on the Withlacoochee River.

Watch out for the manatees and don't worry about the gators, they'll keep away from you. I guess I'll already be headed back north around that time, but have fun anyway!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

stick around, you can go north the week after.

pstrep

Cadet

I have just recently joined this site but think this sounds like a great time. I have family in Orlando and would love to come down and visit while coming to the function. The only huge problem I see with this is no way to bring my fishing gear or boat cause that would be to far a drive.

My wife and I are actually thinking about moving there to be closer to family, but I need to find a job there first, and no one in the scrap buisness is hiring right now. :mad: Darn economy.:). Anyway you folks have fun and please post tons of pics to show the rest of us what we are missing out on.

Out

tashasdaddy

come on down, there will be plenty of boats, you can catch a ride, and borrow some tackle.

pstrep

Cadet

maybe we'll see my sister-in-law down there is supposed to have baby number two around that time anyway. maybe I can talk the wife into a nice long trip and include the event in my plans. ;) genius huh? lol

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

TD, I can look into rental boat places for those interested ???

its more fun to hop on board a few of the members boats, but some people might want to rent their own for the day, IIRC pontoon rentals are about $ 100 for the day and Jon boats are about $ 65-75 ish...Its been a while but I can find out ??

Hell just to come for the event, the food and hang by the pool for the day is probably worth it :D

tashasdaddy

rentprop1, good idea, go for it.

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

i'm new to the forum. i bought a 86 starcraft center console and the shot the mtr 3rd time out. i figured that i would do some restore work while i wait to win the lotto to buy another mtr. i only live 38 miles from the site and would like to know if i could come by 1 day just to meet some of the members and look at some boats. maybe learn some tips.
what would be a good time to swing by... i would not have a boat.

joe

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Welcome Aboard Joe!

We are planing a Sat morning breakfast in the clubhouse, why not come and have some grub?
If you come by Sat afternoon, many of us may be out on the water and wont have a chance to meet you.

We are such a likeable group of people that I guarantee ya that after breakfast you will have many offers to go out on a boat...You may want to plan a whole day with us! lol

p.s.

Did ya start a post on your problems in the outboard (I assume its an OB?) section? If nothing else, there is a Starcraft owners section here filled with all kinds of Starcraft nuts..like me

tashasdaddy

come on down, stay as long as you like. we will have breakfast and a dinner gathering. Saturday. just send me a PM, so i can get you, and your guest, on the list. want to make sure we have enough grub.

pstrep

Cadet

The boat rental idea sounds good, but also sounds good to hang with another member also and get out there. Besides being with a local might mean better fishing, knowledge of the area. I may just have to do this and see if there is a way I can bring some gear with me. Just so I have some of my own stuff.

Sounds good guys I will make a decision here soon. Time flies you know.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Just a bumpidity bump..

Its a ways away..But am really looking forward to this years shin ding!!

But like taxes and everything else, next thing you know, it will be right on top of us..

nlain

Commander

I just hope I have enough money left over, cause I got property taxes, auto insurance and boat insurance all due in Feb. :mad: I am looking forward to the get together myself. :D