55hp year and noob info needed.....

jwgeetar

Cadet
hey all, just got my dads old 15' Wards SeaKing boat with a seaking 55hp outboard with Alternating Electric.(what it said on the motor cover).

1-i don't have much info but i do have the original manual which covers the 3.5 hp models through the 55hp. i see an entry where my dads first log was Feb,1970. i can't remember when he bought it but this sounds close. what year would the motor be with this info? or do i need more?

2- this thing hasen't ran in 20 years but should have low hours on it as dad didn't take it out much. is this old motor worth rebuilding?

3-and, whats the safest way of trying to run this thing in my driveway? hookup a waterhose to it? run the propeller in a barrel full of water?

thx all--- and forgive me but at my ripe old age i am learning to work on this boat. so yea---I B A Noob!:D

thanks again...jw

jwgeetar

Cadet
Re: 55hp year and noob info needed.....

I forgot but it's got Electric Start, Remote Control,throttle stick and steering wheel. i suppose this stuff would work if this motor worked. if this motor is toast, can i still get these things to work on another? thx

foodfisher

Captain

You might get some helpful replies in the "other outboard brands" forum

moparman

Petty Officer 1st Class

your at the right spot, as sea king is a chrysler. YOU might look on the net under seaking to get more info but you'll need serial and/or model numbers, and I'm sure there are some people here that can help you if you give more info. moparman