cant figure out which motor i have

lilcane88

Cadet
in my lasts thread that i posted asking what year my motor is i thought it was a 1984 etxn or etln. but now while painting the lower unit i noticed a stamp on the side of the motor. it says YAMAHA 200AETO..... after doing research on this model i found that its not available for sale in the United States.. uh oh..here's the serial number: 6G6UL750110 what i need to know is
1-is it really not available in the US?
2-what year is it?
3-can i get parts for it?
4-whats it worth?

any and all help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advanced

if needed i can post a picture of it.

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: cant figure out which motor i have

AETO is an international model code. Although they were not available in the U.S, they were available in Sth America. Many made it across the border.

A = Generation of engine production (not a year guide)
E = Electric start
T = Power trim
O = Oil injection (autolube)

In the bottom right or left hand corner of the id plate is a solitary number, that number is the year guide.

Int models and U.S models are identical when ordering parts.

lilcane88

Cadet

thanks for the guidance! i really appreciate it. one more question, what would the US model of this engine be?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

actually the AETO and BETO motors were imported in the US in 84 and some 85 models.
its an antique.
we got them both ways for the first years of import to the US.
I think it was more of what warehouse had what engines for shipment than anything else.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

note:early models,1984-1986,also had a factory production model variation code marked on the engine similar to :150AETO,this code does not contain any model year indicator and can be ignored.
page 9 tune up spec guide LIT-18559-94-05

Dunaruna

Admiral

Yep, agreed. The 'A' is the factory production model variation.

To this day, everywhere outside the U.S, this 'A' could also be a 'B' or a 'C' or a 'D' or an 'F'.

lilcane88

Cadet

i've confirmed that its a 1982 AETO (according to the title) thanks everyone for helping me. since yamaha's didint make it into the US until 1984, im assuming the 200etxn would be the closest model to my AETO?