PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

ezwitter

Seaman
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

just found this trend today another nice redo. keep up the good work want to see finished product.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Another just found this thread... Amazing work you guys are doing. Inspiring me as I sit at the office!!!

Keep it up.

Intune

Seaman Apprentice

Hi VPM, count me in as one of the people you've inspired. I just ordered the Poliglow kit & some Poli Ox. It is supposed to really be good at removing oxidized fiberglass. I have a '73 Skeeter Metro that my FIL gave me & the Abilene, TX sun has not been very kind to it. Before & after pics should be interesting. Good luck and great job on the boat.

bacafrog

Petty Officer 3rd Class

VEGAS!!!!!!!!! Anymore work being done yet? Dying to see you finish this one, and then get back on the Newman. I bet you and yours can't wait for it to be done as well.

sprintst

Commander

I'm digging the restore on the toys. I may take a crack at that next.

I'm wondering if I should take a trip down to Vegas to get my upholstery done...and hang out. I'll see what my qoute comes out to locally as everything is inflated price wise here.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hi everyone

I have totally been slacking on the boats the last few weeks...dang ATVs go karts and dirtbikes been keeping us busy...the good part is we finished 3 restorations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kazuma quad 110cc RESTORED like new....90cc Baja dirt bike...RESOTRED like new..but...we..Traded it for a big off road go kart! SCORE!

but now we gotta do a few repairs to that one.needs a belt for the clutch and some minor fix ups..uuhgg MORE PROJECTS!!!!!!!! lol

Polaris trail boss circa 1986 90% restored, just waiting for the piston to come in so teh jug can be bored to the proper size...should be ready by friday!

Sat is offroad at Nellis dunes...then 630pm that night the racetrack for Bullring races...modifieds and bomber division races...$10 entry, $1 bud lights and $1 hotdogs CANT BEAT THAT! lol good redneck fun!

Check out the pic ....I was going like 35mph down a desert wash and my frt wheel axle broke off! luckily it happened just as I was stopping! lol that woulda hurt!

check out this crazy video I took a few races back these guy smash each other up purposely like on MADHOUSE the tv show lol CLICK FOR YOUTUBE VIDEO LVMS bomber division crashup should be uploaded and processed in a few minutes

JEZABEL will be going back on the TO DO list ASAP...Ive got some free time coming up....so shouoldnt be too much longer! thanks guys!

ps SPRINT upholstery is expensive everywhere! lol go to mexico for the cheapest or do it yourself....you might surprise yourself it isnt that hard. We shelled out $1600 for our newman project like fools for upholstery...Im not knocking the industry but it sure aint cheap to have it done professionally

Attachments

• web-sized-gokartbroken.jpg
    web-sized-gokartbroken.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey vegas,
That's a pretty cool ride. I'm glad you weren't blasting when that wheel left.
Now, when are you going to get back to the boat? :p:D
Bob

Huron Angler

Admiral

Vegas those things look fun to drive...and so does the sleek:D

Post some pics of the old girl, how's she looking?

BTW it's sweet that you got that new fuel-efficient chevy so you can trailer that thing back to Michigan for a little St Clair tour:):eek:

Friscoboater

Captain

It is time to get back on track. I am ready for the hot weather, and boats!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I was at the lake today...mirror flat, 70, sunny.....got sunburned....summer is around the corner, time for us to get them done! Can't wait to see Jezabel in the water!

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

where's Vegas been hiding at????
:confused::confused::confused:

sprintst

Commander

Probably out enjoying the weather. They actually have warm weather there... :)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

where's Vegas been hiding at????
:confused::confused::confused:

I talked to him friday, he has been playing with those little dune buggy's rebuilding, riding and such. Between that and work he has been real busy.
I'll pester him tomorrow or later on tonight and tell him he has to get back to the boats, everyone needs their Vegas fix lol :D:D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Remind him that its almost summer! lol! :eek: Time to get the boat finished up!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Thanks for covering for me Bill and Sprint! lol

yes Ive been a TOTAL slacker on I boats but I havent forgotten you guys! :D

I pulled a Rickairmedic/North Beach and went on Hiatus! and Bill was right ...weve been taking advantage of near perfect desert weather (minus the super irritating 20-30mph constant winds....thats our Monsoon season) anyways.....
actually....we will certainly be finishing all projects...and not to share all of our personal biz...but me being a person taht doesnt care if people know my business...Ill tell ya.....we have to leave our house after 18 years here. or rather...have decided to leave it.......so....all these big items such as boats and such have to be outta here eventually.....doing the walk away thing for the sake of our kids as our neighborhood has turned to gangland...it WAS new 18 years ago....not anymore! and ofcourse...we're upside down...so it make financial sense...remember Vegas was hit HARD by this housing recession etc....we went from a 240k house value to a 70k house value...in 2 years! we got a huge storage unit were moving keepsakes and stuff to....so been moving that stuff too

so that VW project thats been sitting for 5 years WORKING ON IT / the new 4x8 trailer that needed serious upgrading (to a 6x10) .....working on it.....all the acumulation of uneccessary extra junk...selling/donating etc...moving stuff to storage...yadda yadda....all in between photo shoots and tinkering etc....

on top of all that junk........ we restored 3 off road go karts...sold 2 of em...and just aquired another one......a Joyner 250 Sand Viper! $325...I estimate another $800 will make her mint condition...shes a burn victim
(---------->see pics HERE <-------------) this ones a keeper! we have some candy apple red and orion silver HOK paint laying around....so the frame will be either that or our favorite other colro SUNSET ORANGE PEARL! lol

JoynerSandViper%20(12).jpg

anyhoot...yea its been just a tad bit cold for automotive paint work such as on the NEWMAN 18" thats been a serious hold up...yea we could paint her in 55 degree weather but 75 is much better for overall painting weather....and this wind! ...the infernal springtime winds we get...DUST......and such too....so not wanting to burn the paint on a lousy weather and have it turn out lousy...we're on hold for a little bit longer. BELIEVE ME...we want it done and have too much invested ...to not finish stuff..

The sleekcraft Jezebel project will certainly be finished here asap.....just assemble that outdrive and the water test is READY
paint the trailer later this year (oh and reupholster all the sleekcraft 23' boat furniture sometime when we cacth our breathe next season) it has been way too Vegas cold for us to go out on the lake just yet....event for a water test...call me a woosey!

ANYHOOT...miss you guys........and be happy for us...we finally got a fire under our butts to wrap up alot of what needed gettin' done...:) we will be moving to a nice part of Vegas HENDERSON!...and ...much closer to Lake Mead......

avimgod

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Aint that some SHI-poop.. cold and windy in LV, dead still and 90s in VA!

hope to see it done, sorry to hear about the house... sucks...

good luck and keep us all in the loop...

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Vegas,
That really bites, about the neighborhood. It seems to be happening all too often. Maybe we should change from neighborhood watch to neighborhood vigilante.
I hope you get back to the boat soon.
Take Care.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Vegas sorry to hear about the house, but glad to hear your moving to a better area. I'm looking forward to seeing the Jezebel in the water! The long days of summer will be here soon!

Huron Angler

Admiral

Vegas sorry to hear of your plight...it does sound like you are staying postive as always and working on getting back where you need to be. As mentioned I can't wait to see Jezabel planed out and a blur across the water:)

I'd say come on back home to Michigan but this place is like a ghost town but they are actually starting to restore Detroit did ya hear that:rolleyes:

Good luck with your new place, hope Henderson is ready for ya:)

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Vegas,

Henderson is a nice area, hopefully they will stem the gang tide before it reaches you again. Gotta keep those little ones safe. Good luck on the move and we will be waiting for more on Jezz.