PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

I am lucky that I dont have to go over 35mph to drive the 3 miles to the launch in lake champlain. From there I can go to Vermont, New York, or Quebec. Although I am not sure what I would have to do to cross the border on a boat and with the new laws I dont have a passport so I keep it in the US. I do have to rebuild my trailer to go with the new gelcoat tho. Tractor supply has new fenders cheap and then its just sandblast and spray. The trailer will have to wait till summer so I can leave the boat in the lake while I work on the trailer.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Glad to see you back on it.

Just in case everyone wasn't paying attention, I believe Paul just said he was OUT OF SAND! If only there was some place in Vegas to find SAND, hmmmmmmmm? :D

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Nice work as always. Your trailer looks solid.

My trailer needs some fender work as well. My fenders are not quite wide enough for the tires. I'll post some pics later as I'd like to get some that keep the same design. They have a channel built into them that slides over the frame and just bolt on. The under sides of the fenders have two tabs of metal that drop down for the leaf springs to bolt onto as well.

It would be a shame to do all that work on the boat and have the trailer f up at high speed :)

Yeah I hear ya Sprint!no shizzle, Im not real happy bout my bent frame....in person you can see it alot better than any pics....thatl hafta wait till the boat is floatable and we can keep it at Lake mead fo r acoouple days to see what the frame guys can do to straighten it.:D

Vegas, I know you have been busy with brakes and all but if you find some spare time you seem to be a master of photoshop. Could you stop by my thread and try some designs on my boat.

Skibum....Did a few versions, check your thread. :) neat thread btw...Ill have to thoroughly read yours. Nice job on your boat so far for sure!

Hey Vegas looks like you have been busy! Wish I could say its warm here....its not actually that cold 32, but that 25 MPH wind gets ya! Glad to see you are moving along on the trailer, I should be working on mine again in a week or so. Keep up he good work!

Thanks Arch!

Hey, vegas, looky what i found nearby
http://louisville.craigslist.org/boa/1599862136.html
with a Jet drive
i like the window in the front of the CC

MRDJflores, yeah those hawaiins are pretty cool! that one looks too rough for 3k, offer $1000 or less....lotta work to make it go eh! I think that guys smoking too much crack to think he'll get 3k lol neat boat nontheless!

Glad to see you back on it.
Just in case everyone wasn't paying attention, I believe Paul just said he was OUT OF SAND! If only there was some place in Vegas to find SAND, hmmmmmmmm? :D

Thats right Jeremy! out of sand! (meaning too lazy to go get any) so I used pool salt that we had laying around
lol actually there isnt too much sand here in vegas, its kinda dust and rocks lol.....play sand works ok for blasting, silica sand even better for easy flow through my cheapo sand blaster gun.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Vegas I like your Sleekcraft hull more each time I see it:D

I'd love to have one of those someday, a real cruising/ski boat:)

Glad to hear you're back at it, can't wait to see Jezabel with a nice wake behind her.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Vegas,
Like everyone said, it's good to see you back at it and back on the front page.
Keep it rolling my friend.
Bob

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

thanks Bob and Mike

Mike, I bet theres a couple in Mich....I dound another here in vegas for sale $3500 ready to roll....350 chevy power mercruiser i/o
good setup. wish mine was mercruiser, the chrysler drive is nice but parts are an issue...

NEW PARTS
I did score a new Non hub thru exhaust prop (brand new old stock) for my chrsyler 300 sterndrive...$49 and free shipping ebay.......yea!!! we got a backup prop (identical to the one we already have) but brand new

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Vegas,
Like everyone said, it's good to see you back at it and back on the front page.
Keep it rolling my friend.
Bob

What Bob said! Looking great, I might have to venture out there one of these days with Miss Morgan to see what Lake Mead is all about.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

What Bob said! Looking great, I might have to venture out there one of these days with Miss Morgan to see what Lake Mead is all about.

Hey man Me Casa Su Casa or in this case my lake is your lake!

Heck....from OK to Vegas, Im sure a Lake fest could be planned out, Im sure theres a boatload of Lakes thatd make nice stopovers on the way (Lake Powell for instance) @ Page AZ near 4 corners.....Santa Rosa Lake is on the way along old 66 in New Mexico.....

if you ever did make a trip out this way ...wait till a month after it hits 100 degrees out here, that way the lake water is WARM and the beers are COLD! (in a cooler of course):D

sprintst

Commander

I'd head out there too and spend at least as much time using it as I've been working on it.

I'm thinking of throwing a sleeping bag in it and just chillaxing for a week or so. Could be in the making for an annual event.

199q

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looking good!!

Man I wish I had bought your glastron. that is a sweet boat that you sold!

Friscoboater

Captain

How are things out there in Vegas? We have been plagued by cold weather and really has slowed me down. Do we have a launch date yet?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Vegas, hope you guys are getting some warm weather out there. We finally have some here, any updates?

sprintst

Commander

Dude. Is life getting in the way again.

Mine will be lack of money getting in the way as once the engine is in I have to pay for the rebuild, etc.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hi Sprint and Arch

yes life and work is getting in the way of our boat endeavors!!

right now we prioritized our offroad go kart/atvs/motorcyle projects! lol
as if there wasnt enough for us to do on the boats....yikes....anyways...fortunetly too weve gotten alot of work as of late so $$$ make hay while the sun shines!

OFFROAD PRJECT PICS 3 pages:eek:

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey vegas,
If we don't make hay they won't let us play.:(
Need some more pic's too my friend. :D
Bob

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

good to see ya back vegas, at least put up some sunny pictures for us, back here in nebraska its either been raining or snowing for the last four or five friggn days.:redface:sheeesh when it quits I'l jump back on mine and grind.:)

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Vegas, great to things are going well for you! You have to keep juggling your toys....I have a few other than the boat that need some attention too! Looking forward to seeing more on Jezabel!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Let's get the TURBO back in "Turbo restore"!!!!!

Friscoboater

Captain

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed