Go Michigan!!!

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade
There's a good number of boaters from Michigan in this forum, so I'm sure there's a few Michigan Football fans. How about that game Saturday? That was one of the most exciting games I've ever watched. :cool:

Two programs with a long and proud history trying to come back from recent tough seasons. Notre Dame was supposed to be a better team than the one that kicked Michigan butt last season. Trading leads back and forth until Michigan, down by 3, is at the goal line with 30 seconds to go. True Freshman Forcier throws a perfect pass to his receiver in the end zone, and it's DROPPED :eek: Second try with 11 seconds to go he hits Mathews, TOUCHDOWN!!!

Especially good to see Michigan back to some degree of their former selves when the Lions are back to laying huge steaming...uhhh, eggs again. :rolleyes:

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Go Michigan!!!

Good game, but what happened to Micigan's defense? I guess that is a product of the Rich Rod era ... good offenses that can move the ball but not so good defenses. Good win for the Big Ten - GO PENN STATE!

slia67

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fantastic game!

We were in the hospital visiting my MIL. When they dropped the pass in the endzone with only a few seconds left to play, the howls from me and my son brought nurses and aides running. I think the wife was a little embarassed. :redface:

Go Blue!

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good game, but what happened to Micigan's defense? I guess that is a product of the Rich Rod era ... good offenses that can move the ball but not so good defenses. Good win for the Big Ten - GO PENN STATE!
Yeah, the D was a little soft-- especially at the start. It's not just the Rich Rod era, Michigan's defense has always seemed to start sloppy, then tighten up as the game goes on.
Fantastic game!

We were in the hospital visiting my MIL. When they dropped the pass in the endzone with only a few seconds left to play, the howls from me and my son brought nurses and aides running. I think the wife was a little embarassed. :redface:

Go Blue!

Haha, yeah, I bet the neighbors heard me :p

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

Look what all that extra practice get you. Go Blue!

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Look what all that extra practice get you. Go Blue!

Oh, you want to go there, do ya? :rolleyes:

That was just a few disgruntled players mouthing off and Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press trying to make a name for himself. Hey, if arch rival Ohio State comes out defending Michigan's program, I don't think there's anything there:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4438648

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was just pokin' fun. Michigan didn't do anything different than any of the other teams do. I know it was a couple of whinning freshmen. Ohhhh it tooo hard.

I hope Michigan smokes the Buckeyes. Navy sure gave them a run for their money last week, but maybe they were just resting up for USC. We see how that all turned out. ;)

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was just pokin' fun. Michigan didn't do anything different than any of the other teams do. I know it was a couple of whinning freshmen. Ohhhh it tooo hard.

Heh, that's cool. Just a little touchy I guess...the frickin' Free Press comes out with a PAGE ONE headline article about it last month like it's the Scandal of the Century or something.

I hope Michigan smokes the Buckeyes. Navy sure gave them a run for their money last week, but maybe they were just resting up for USC. We see how that all turned out. ;)

I hope so too... It's definitely overdue. Michigan dominated OS when Cooper was their coach, but Jim Tressel seems to have Michigan's number. The last 5 losses to OS is the longest in history, I believe. :(

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I am just glad they beat an over rated Notre Dame...jeez i hate them. Shuts up Lou Holtz which is even better.

dr_bowtie

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am a big fan of anyone who beat Notre Dame and I live here and whats worse...I dont even watch sports....

Their owners are just too cocky and arrogant for me...dont win..eh just get another coach...

Lived in Michigan half my life and realted to what seems the whole darn state but hey...they got a good team...

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

Heck yea Go Blue!!!
That's right we're back, uh huh, uh huh.
My wife and I are HUGE U of M fans and her oldest daughter is an MSU fan.
So when MSU lost to CMU I had to rub it in, sent her a text that was enough to thoroughly po any state fan and got no response.
I know what she is waiting for though......the big rival game.
Go Blue !!!
Oh by the way I have an electronic horn that plays the michigan fight song on both vehicles, and the boat.

The only thing that compares to watching Michigan Football win is watching Tony Stewart Win.
Oh and boating falls in there too.

slia67

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cool site. I think I know where I'm going for Christmas shopping this year, my son is a big fan too.

tmfd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Let me just say this:

michiganstatelogo.jpg