SBC intakes

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I need a non vortec manifold. Any recomended ones that are old stand bys I have a holley 4160 and a q jet so it can be standard or spread bore... I pulled my old one and it doesnt look good enough to put on the new engine

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: SBC intakes

When I update my pictrures later you will understand it is crumbling so what can I replace it with.

n2ostroker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fresh or Salt water?
I see its a 350 Mag? If fresh pick up a used Performer or Performer RPM. I've ran both and they both ran great on mine. If fresh you'll need the high rise Merc intake that cam on the 350 Mag.

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade

it is a 350 MAG with raw water cooling... are the rpm's cast or aluminum. I think I would have to use cast right ?

n2ostroker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I see you're in Jackson, Fl. If you boat in salt you'll need the cast. I'd start scouring Ebay and Craigslist for a Mag intake from a freshwater boat. You might run across one on another boating forum too. An aluminum aftermarket would corrode pretty quickly.

dr_bowtie

Petty Officer 1st Class

are the marine cast the same as auto...? he said non-vortec and I would think they would be....wouldnt a local bane yard have those...?

I've got a few cast iron ones around myself that are pre 86'

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

just make sure the bolts under the carb are the same angle

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

I like the one don pointed out.

if you do boat in saltwater and want the lighter aluminum edelbrock performer or performer rpm, there are companies out there that will hard anodize them for an extra 200. (they will be less susceptable to corrosion than cast, and still light...).

dr_bowtie

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was going to mention getting it anodized if you use Aluminum....

I have a friend that works at a anodizing factory so I get all mine down real nice....and cheap

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

WOW... that's great. I'd like to get my exhaust and intake manifolds, valve covers done... but when typical price is $200 for an intake... I'm going to have to be doing them myself to afford it! On an aside, a lofal engine builder that does a lot of offshore boats remarked that he's seeing the anodized aluminum heads holding up better than the cast ones...