Got 5 Bucks

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Got 5 Bucks

red x and nothing but the title ... no price, no pic, no smell ...

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

It came up for me. :)

However, it does smell like a scam. $5 buck essay contest to "win" a car, just go to - - - - to enter. Perhaps he is hoping to get a lot of people to send in the $ and no one really wins? Dunna know. But there is a phone number and google map link. So who knows.

And oh, I didn't click the link.

ziggy

Admiral

bummer. no point in me even looking at the red x or whatever it is. i just spent my last 5 bucks for boat fuel... mans got to have his priority's ya know... :D

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I checked out the site-- the guy says if he doesn't get at least 6,600 entries he won't give the car away, and he'll refund the $5 minus a buck for paypal fees. He also says if he just sold the car he'd expect to get $20-25,000. so doing the math, 6600 x $5 = $33000.00. Plus if his site generates a lot of traffic he can make money off ads-- he's got one ad up already. So it might be on the level, and he's just using a creative way to squeeze as much $$ as he can out of the transaction.

I ain't writin no essays, though.

OMCboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

actually sounds like a pretty clever way to hold a lottery, without jumping through the lottery regulatory hoops.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

sounds like he's running a raffle, without being a nonprofit or buying a raffle license