Motor on muffs is this normal

rspar

Petty Officer 3rd Class
When on the muffs water comes out the pee hole whatever you call it but also other places is this normal? The pic on the right you can see the stream coming down plus the water out the vent.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 0

scuba4me

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Motor on muffs is this normal

Looks to me like the hose is forcing water up into the lower unit cavity maybe and its running out between the lower unit and the motor. If your worried you could change the gear oil and look for water but mine does what looks like the same thing in your picks.

rspar

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Checking the oil is a good idea. Should I not turn the hose up so much? Maybe just enough to make it come out the hole only?

rspar

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Man I hope I don't fine water in the oil I'll be thinking about this at work tomorrow all day.

j_martin

Admiral

There shouldn't be that much water in the mid. Usually that's a sign of the seals on the water delivery tube being bad, or the tube itself is bad.

The muffs will spill any water the pump doesn't take. The pump is positive displacement, so pressure on the input won't significantly increase the flow. Spent cooling water is sprayed into the mid along with exhaust to cool the exhaust, then drains out the prop or drain holes near it. There should never be that much in the mid. There is no oil in the mid to worry about.

hope it helps
John

rspar

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah that helps much appreciated. I going to give it a run this afternoon and make sure the waters warm. That would mean it has gone through the motor and is coming out the mid section and it's okay, right?