Power to Trim Motor but no other power

2002Rinker180

Recruit
I have a 2002 Rinker, 180 with a 4.3 mercury I/O. When I was using it this past weekend it was running good without any problems, but when I shut it down for a half hour it wouldn?t start up again. There was no power to anything except for the trim motor. I moved around the throttle thinking that it might not be fully in neutral but that didn?t do anything. I checked all of the in-line fuses that I could find but they were all in good shape. Currently it has no power to anything except to the trim motor which works fine. Any thoughts? Thanks.

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Power to Trim Motor but no other power

The outdrive trim is usually wired directly to the battery. Did you check the square shaped 90 amp fuse at the starter?

2002Rinker180

Recruit

No I didn't, but I will check it out later today. Would that also prevent the boat from getting power to the accessories such as the blower, navigation lights, and radio? Thank you.

indy440

Chief Petty Officer

I have a battery switch and if its shut off only my trim works.

RickJ6956

Petty Officer 1st Class

Maybe this is a really obvious suggestion, but I speak from experience:

The trim motor was directly wired to battery #1. I was running the stereo all day on battery #2. Drained it. When the boat had no power, it took me fifteen minutes to realize that all I had to do was switch to batt #1.

2002Rinker180

Recruit

I only have one battery and I wasn?t running anything off of it when I shut it down for a half hour. It was running real good with shut-downs (short periods of time) and starts for around 2 hours prior to me shutting it down for a half hour. When I went to start it back up again there was nothing, no power to anything except to the trim motor.