Any Advice appreciated-Newbie

T-Ford

Cadet
G'Day,

I have inherited a 1988 Sportcraft C-Eagle 210. It has been on a lift all of it's life at my Father in-laws. The motor is locked up and my good friend is a marine mechanic who is willing to install a new motor for me on this boat. So I have the mechanical pretty well under advisement. My issue is that over the years while this boat has been sitting, some Raccoons got in and chewed up the wiring and the padding under the gunwhales of the boat. There are some trim issues with the vinyl on the sides of the boat. This vinyl is on what appears to be plywood. I am planning on gutting most of the interior of the boat and replacing the soundproof padding. Any ideas on materials, process, or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone can direct me to getting the original owners manual or tech spec book on this boat that would be great.
Thanks in advance for any replies to this post.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Any Advice appreciated-Newbie

This might help with the process part http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=347724

You probably won't find an owners manual for your boat. Few manufacturers really made them for their boats and if they did they were mainly safe boating brochures. Your best investment will be in a factory service manual for your specific motor/drive.

T-Ford

Cadet
Re: Any Advice appreciated-Newbie

Capt Ezmobee,

Thanks for your reply, the thread you sent had some great pics and this is exactly what I am trying to do to the boat. THis will be a winter project for me and I will post pics of my process as I go.

Thanks again.
T-Ford
:)