Tired of sheet

cronx

Cadet
Im tired of these birds crapping all over my boat and bimini and dropping little stinking sea foods into the boat. I want to kill all these birds. What is the best poison for seagulls? How do you deal with them

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tired of sheet

Your thread is funny.
Besides a boat cover or a roof over it theres not much else you can do.

bad_boy

Banned

Your thread is funny.
Besides a boat cover or a roof over it theres not much else you can do.

Actually, there is NO humor in this whatsoever! Perhaps the OP just needs to find another hobby...

cronx

Cadet

actually I'm tired of all the hippies who say NO dont kill the poor little birdies. GET A JOB. I'm tired of cleaning the crap off my boat.

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

actually I'm tired of all the hippies who say NO dont kill the poor little birdies. GET A JOB. I'm tired of cleaning the crap off my boat.

There is too many to kill, get a cover.

bad_boy said:
Actually, there is NO humor in this whatsoever! Perhaps the OP just needs to find another hobby...
Someone load your cheerios with pee this morning?

Last edited:

freelancer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I want to kill all these birds. What is the best poison for seagulls?

I hope you mean that metaphorically:eek:

...Seriously Capt, where is you boat when all of these droppings are coming down?

Splat

Lieutenant

Is this parked at a marina?

Many boaters around here use a kite that looks like a hawk attached to a flagpole to scary the little buggers away.

Bill

allpoints360

Petty Officer 1st Class

They are a nuisance. Get a cover. Then the cover keeps the sheet off the boat.

freelancer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Many boaters around here use a kite that looks like a hawk attached to a flagpole to scary the little buggers away.

Bill
I've been to alot of marinas with that big orange and black eye that looks like a beachball. Maybe that would work.

muskie hunter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sea gulls are a great pain in the ars. If you in a low traffic area,shoot them with an adult air rifle. It will give them a whole new outlook on life!!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Seagulls are a Protected Species. Killing one will get you an all expense paid vacation to the Federal Pen ;)

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Those things don't scare them at all.

The only things that work is there is a motion controlled sprinkler and at limited range an ultrasonic speaker set up.

The owls and beach balls do nothing, neither do the cones you put on the pylings I've watch them skip empty ones to land on the cone.

freelancer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't think a judge would care about the poo problem.

Talk about poo; you should see what the Canadian Geese, Mallard ducks, Cormorants and Sea Gulls combined do to the docks in the off season...and if they come to like your boat :eek:

QC

Supreme Mariner

How bigga boat we talkin' here? Multiple surfaces?

Does loose thin netting work? Tented up? I don't know, but was just thinking about it. Always been kind of fascinated by this.

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

In Florida, a lot of docks have fishing line strung up, like a loose net, the sea gulls hit it once, and don't really come back. You don't harm them in the process, but they don't like the net.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If you are going to invade territory of wildlife you need to deal with wildlife behavior.

You could kill a thousand gulls and they would still poop on your poop deck while you languish in the Fed Slammer contemplating how to get along with other critters.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, Shane, Landfills do the same thing for the same critters. I'd forgotten that.

LIQUID PROZAC

Petty Officer 1st Class

cover and conceal--make it look like a seagull--they won't shiiiite on their own:D:D

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

catch em and jb weld their butts. :D

werthert

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you are going to invade territory of wildlife you need to deal with wildlife behavior.

You could kill a thousand gulls and they would still poop on your poop deck while you languish in the Fed Slammer contemplating how to get along with other critters.

Agree. WTF? Mass bird extinction? OP should be banned for the post.