Will my impeller blades right themselves?

TRONMAN2000

Seaman Apprentice
I just replaced my seawater pump shaft seal and impeller on my 2000 VP 5.0 GL and just realized that I might have rotated the housing the wrong way before putting it all back together. CRAP! Will the blades right themselves? (I did lube them with glycerin) I Have not started it yet. I sound pretty lazy, but my back can't take much more!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Will my impeller blades right themselves?

Yes, they will turn to the right direction.

TowRoper

Petty Officer 1st Class

;) looks like you'll be fine mate.

TowRoper

Petty Officer 1st Class

just funnin ya its best to put then right due to the tight fit it could damage it if facing the wrong way.:p

TowRoper

Petty Officer 1st Class

:confused: don they will? mine didnt :mad: blank blank volvos

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, you can have problems with those, but a 2000 5.7 will right itself. Don't compare apples and oranges. They don't use even close to the same kind of pump.

Fun Times

Staff member

Yea, you can have problems with those, but a 2000 5.7 will right itself. Don't compare apples and oranges. They don't use even close to the same kind of pump.
I agree, Also the newer style plastic housing for mercruisers bravo impellers will also right themselves, And I believe the brass style will also But I am not 100% sure on that.:)

TRONMAN2000

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys, my back feels better already just hearing that from you. I figured if I could right the vanes by turning the housing counterclockwise, my engine could right them by turning the impeller clockwise. Same difference?
Thanks again!